Chapter 8 | Will

I did not realize, but you lucky people get 2 chapters with double POV. That being said do we like having both pov in a chapter? I personally prefer to only write one pov per chapter unless necessary to the storyline, but I could try and right more chapters with both points of view. I think for right now this is the last one, but I could be wrong.
Enjoy!

Once my mom got home I rushed upstairs. I had embarrassed myself and then Mason seemed mad at me. I shake my head trying to forget about it and call Jenna on FaceTime.

"Hey" she smiles and I force one back "hey" she nods "what happened to your hand?" I roll my eyes not wanting to talk about it "I cut myself cutting potatoes"

She laughs "good job idiot!" I shake my head and whine "I was trying to make sure Hank didn't cut himself so I wasn't watching" she lifts a brow "Hank? New boy in your life and your just telling me now?"

I cringe "ew no. Hank is Mason's brother and he's like 10" Jenna laughs "oops guess not, speaking of boys..." I make a face, here we go.

"..I thought you said Kade wasn't interested anymore?! He seemed pretty interested this morning" I nod "he was..he is. I just uh i don't know..." she shakes her head

"did you break it off with Kade because of your hopeless crush on Mason?!" I glare "shhh!...there's was nothing to break off we were just messing around" she sighs "I know I know..but seriously Will how long are you going to stay hung up on him? He's hot I get it, but there's so many other fish in the sea..ones that will maybe actually show some interest" I cringe not liking her words and instead I mumble "he sleeps in my bed"

Jenna's face immediately becomes a sympathetic one and I want to shut my laptop so I don't have to see it. I'm pathetic and she pities me, hung up on a boy who doesn't want me. Who uses me for a place to sleep.

Before Jenna can say anything else I sigh "I uh I'm gonna go" I don't let her protest and click end shutting my laptop and pushing it away from me. I lay down on my bed and close my eyes at least if I'm sleeping I can pretend I'm not some stupid lovesick idiot.

I don't get to sleep long. An hour later my mom knocks on my door "Will honey, it's dinner time!" I groan "coming!" I do my best to make my voice sound awake knowing my mom will have something to say about me napping during the day.

When I get downstairs everyone else is already seated, including Hank and Mason. I reluctantly pull out the chair next to Hank who points to the potatoes on my plate "looks good don't they?"

I nod "yeah good job" he chuckles "if it tastes metallic just assume it's your blood" I cringe at that and Hank laughs "I'm kidding! We took out those ones" I give him a half a smile and turn back to my food.

I don't eat a ton and mostly just move the food around. I have to admit the potatoes were really good, but even they weren't settling right in my stomach.

Hank seems to notice my lack of interest in my food and grins "any chance your not eating those?" I chuckle slightly at his eagerness and dump the rest of my potatoes onto his plate.

His eyes light up "thanks!" He immediately begins digging in and I push my chair back "I'm finished" my mom lifts a brow but just nods "you going downstairs to play with the boys?" I shake my head but she gives me her look

"Will, I think you should go spend some time with your brother and our guests" I resist rolling my eyes and telling her that just because Hank is here doesn't make them our guests. Mason is still just Gage's friend.

I nod and go to the kitchen putting my plate in the dishwasher and move to head downstairs. I go right to the bookshelf at the back and pick up one of the many books I still need to read. I settle myself in the chair by the bookshelf and crack open the book.