19 ~ Where Do We Go?

You were still resting as Steve was on his way back from a mission

You were still resting as Steve was on his way back from a mission. It wasn't a big one, him and two others max tagged along. "How is she?" Sam asked as they were exiting the Quinjet. Steve had told him about what happened with you and at first Sam was skeptical about it but then believed him; based on what they've seen and witnessed in the world— it was hard not to believe.

"She's holding up, can't be too sure. Thor was right. She has been through a lot."

"So has everyone else." Sam mentioned

"Everyone has their own story; but, have you ever met anyone who has been here since the beginning of time?"

Sam nodded his head before Natasha entered. "So where is she?" She asked the soldier.

"I placed her in my room. The room where I had her needed to be used for the trainees and rookies." Steve said as both Sam and Nat shared a look with one another. "Don't give me that look."

"What?" Natasha said innocently. "You might have a thing for her. I can see it and don't lie, Rogers. It doesn't suit you." She added before walking off with a smile.

It was quiet between the two before Sam sparked up a conversation about how his lead on Barnes was yet again another dead end. "He's out there somewhere. He's just very good at hiding. Remember, he's an assassin. It's part of their fort tay."

"Steve. She's up." Natasha came back to notify him.

"Alright. Talk more about it later. Make sure everything is dealt with." Steve told Sam and Natasha said she'll help Sam.

Taking the elevator up towards the floors that each of the Avengers had their own room. His was one of the first to show; the twins had one of their own down the hall as Natasha's was across from his and Sam's was next door from his.

You heard his footsteps from far, so you knew it had to be him. Your fingers brushed ever so lightly over the page of his sketchbook; opened to the page he was currently working on. Some sort of landscape. "Your sketches are beautiful."

He watched on how gentle she was being and smiled softly before taking a few steps towards her. "I can see you're feeling better."

"Yeah. Thank you. I do have a question." You started to say before turning to look at him. "Why place me in your room?" You teased and watched him hesitate for a second; could've swore you saw a tint of blush but that could've been from him just coming back from a mission. "No need to answer."

He sighed in slight relief before you started to speak again. "I need to head somewhere and was wondering if you would assist me."

"What is it you need to do?"

"I need to find a stone. This stone can take away by abilities; making it easier to kill me— weaker than an average human. There's also a weapon. With or without the power of the stone, this weapon can injure me and well.. kill me if used enough times."

Taking in this sort of information he was in thought and you could tell. He wanted to help but he also wanted to find his best friend. "The more hands the better." You told him and this made him look at you. "I can help with your missing friend."

"How do you know about—"

"Sam. When we met, he mentioned something about a cold case. Couldn't help but connect the dots after speaking to Natasha. It's not hard to do for a person such as I." You mentioned.

"Okay. Definitely can't say no to that." Steve said as he smiled. "So this weapon, do you know where it is?"

"I know where it's mainly kept. I just hope— someone else didn't take it." You mentioned and there was a light knock on the door. "Tony wanted to speak to you." Natasha entered with a phone in her hand. She greeted you before handing the phone over to Steve. He stepped out to take the call.

"So..." she started to say as she gestured towards the two of you.

"There's nothing. I was just asking if he'll like to help with my journey." You pushed aside and got to the point.

"Need anymore help?"

"I could use extra hands. It won't be easy on what I'm looking for. I was just going to suggest a possible small team."

"I can help arrange that, but what is in it for me?"

"Information. I know you've been wanting to ask me a number of questions."

Natasha's eyes you before nodding her head. "How do I know you won't turn on us?"

"You don't, but there is no reason I would. Besides, I've been fighting for far too long. I just need to find two things and I'll.... Be free." You mentioned and told her what you had shown Steve earlier.

"Stark is willing to help." Steve said when he entered.

"What happened to taking time off?" Natasha asked

"Said he'd be happy to help a friend of Thor."

That made you smile and not a second later, Sam appeared at the doorway. "I got word from a little bird that something is going on?" He said in a near joking tone but Steve glanced at you before looking at him.

"I'll get to work." Natasha mentioned before heading out to see who would want to help out. She was able to get the twins on board. Vision wanted to stay behind. Tony said he was coming, Sam was ready to take it on and you mentioned that you knew where to find Steve's friend.

"Where do we go?" Steve asked when releasing a breath from everything that was going on and occurring at the moment.

Once Natasha had returned and Sam had entered the room, you looked between the three of them before telling them where you all needed to go. "Beyond the Mountains."