⋆ ཾ༵༵༅ 5 ~ We'll Lose

Everyone got together in Tony's lab as Thor was speaking with you and checking if you were alright. Steve checked in with you both a couple of minutes before he went into the lab with everyone else. "Are you sure, you want to join me with the others?" Thor asked you and you nodded. "Yes, I'm not that.. damaged." He was hesitant but helped you along the way there.

"All of our work is gone." Banner spoke as Tony was looking at the broken pieces of the robots. "Ultron cleared out. He used the internet as an escape hatch." Steve looked over and muttered "Ultron." That's when Natasha turned around to face them "He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other." James walked across the room saying "He's in your files, he's in the internet. He was in Y/n's head. What if he decided to access something a little more exciting?"

"Nuclear codes." Maria replied as she was taking glass out of her foot. "Nuclear codes." James said before adding "Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can." Natasha looked at him "Nukes? He said he wanted us dead." Steve interjected "He didn't say 'dead.' He said 'extinct'." Clint commented "he also said he killed somebody." Maria added "there wasn't anyone else in the building." Tony walked up "Yes, there was." And revealed a broken Jarvis.

"What? This is insane." Bruce stated. Steve sighed and said "Jarvis was a first line of defense. He would have shut Ultron down. It makes sense." Bruce spoke again. "No. Ultron could have assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy. This is rage." Thor helped you to the entrance of the lab when you told him you were good to go the rest of the way. That's when he walked angrily towards Tony, grabbed his neck and lifted him off the ground.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Steve said. "It's good around." Clint added. "Come on, use your words, buddy." Tony said and you came a little into view, slightly leaning on a table. "I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark." Thor said. "Thor. The Legionnaire." Steve said and you spoke up "Thor drop him." He did as you said and Tony stumbled slightly. "Trail went cold about 100 miles out, but it's headed north. And it has the scepter." Thor said before adding "Y/n informed me."

Some of them looked over at you. "Now we have to retrieve it, again." Thor said as he looked at everyone and glanced at you. "Genie's our of that bottle." Nat told him as she added "clear and present is Ultron." That's when Helen Cho started to speak. She was the one closest to you. "I don't understand. You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?" You looked at Tony. When he started to chuckle, you took a few steps closer and made it near Thor. "You think this is funny?" Thor asked him. "No. It's probably not, right?" Tony questioned and Thor noticed how you were positioned so he placed a hand on your arm and told you "no."

Nodding your head, he let go. "This is very terrible. Is it so..." Tony started to say and laughed lightly which made Thor place a hand on your shoulder to make sure you don't do anything. "Is it so... it is. It's so terrible." Tony added. Thor started to take a few steps towards Tony when he made a look at Steve to stand by you. "This could have been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand." Thor said. "No. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It is funny. It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this." Tony said and Bruce saw how you were reacting as he said in a worried like tone "Tony, maybe this might not be the time."

"Really? That's it? You just roll over, show your belly every time somebody snarls?" Tony said and Thor turned away to go to you. "You okay?" He asked you and you didn't look at him. "Y/n, deep breath. You're okay." He told you and you looked at him and took a breath. "Yeah, Yeah. I'm alright. Just a little mixed." You told him and he nodded understandingly. "Only when I've created a murder bot." Bruce told Tony. "We didn't. We weren't even close. Were we close to an interface?" Tony asked and Bruce nodded as Steve took a step away from both you and Thor as he addressed Tony.

"Well, you did something right. And you did it right here." He said. "The Avengers were supposed to be different than S.H.I.E.L.D." He added then Tony spoke again. "Anybody remember when I carried a nuke through a wormhole? Saved New York? Recall that?" Your hands made fists when he said that and Tony continued. "A hostile alien army came charging through a hole in space. We're standing 300ft below it. We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the livelong day, but that up there, that's..." he pointed up. "That's the Endgame. How were you guys planning on beating that?" Tony asked. "Together." Steve told him.

"We'll lose." Tony said. "Then we'll do that together, too. Thor's right. Ultron's calling us out. And I'd like to find him before he's ready for us. The world's a big place. Let's start making it smaller." Steve announced. You started to feel weird and stumbled backwards. "Woah." Some said and Thor looked over at you. "Y/n? What's wrong?" He asked. "I'm not..." You started to say and coughed. "Oh no..." you finished and everyone saw the worry in your eyes before you disappeared into thing air right before their own eyes. "Where did she go?!" Thor's voice boomed and everyone looked around. Tony checked the surveillance after he was able to reboot it up manually and told him "she's nowhere in the building."

-

Dead flowers were seen near the fence in Sokovia as a market nearby could be seen with people walking by. The twins, Wanda and Pietro, could be seen walking towards the building that used to be a church. Heading in, they saw someone sitting in the middle. Then Pietro looked around and spotted you sitting to the side with a blank expression; practically like a doll. Wanda looked over and spotted you too. She noticed your injuries. "Talk, and if you are wasting our time..." she started to say towards Ultron. That's when he spoke "Did you know this church is in the exact center of the city? The elders decreed it so that everyone could be equally close to god. I like that. The geometry of belief." He paused for a moment before continuing on "you're wondering why you can't look inside my head."

"Sometimes it's hard. But sooner or later, every man shows himself." Wanda said and that's when Ultron revealed himself. He looked more enhanced than before and much taller. She took a step backwards. "Oh, I'm sure they do. But you needed something more than a man." He snapped his fingers and you stood up, walking beside him. "That's why you let Stark take the scepter." He added and Wanda said. "I didn't expect. But I saw Stark's fear. I knew it would control him. Make him self-destruct."

"Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Uh...children. I lost the word, there. Children designed to supplant them, to help them end." He said and lowered down as he dragged a finger down your face. "Sometimes you just have to look for that one perfect soldier." He added also. "Is that why you've come, to end the Avengers?" Wanda asked him. "I've come to save the world. But also... yeah." He said as he nodded and started to walk away. You trailed along and Pietro spoke quietly "Y/n." You didn't turn. "Y/n." Wanda tried. Nothing. No answer.