Home for now <3

I woke up suddenly with Clay's arm extended across my chest.

    "Hold on Cara," he said stopping the car suddenly.

     "You just totally pulled a mom, Clay," she giggled from the back seat. Tobi and Patches were curled up in her lap snuggling, tucked comfortably under a fluffy blanket.

     "Shut up Cara, I was protecting the babies in your lap by warning you smartass," he shot back. I laughed, remembering the frequent bickering between the boys.

     "Uh huh," she rolled her eyes and clicked on her phone.

     "Im hungry, do you guys want anything from inside?" Clay asked us as he parked at a fuel pump and slightly opened his door.

     "Sneak me some candy?" Cara whispered in my ear and I nodded.

      "I'll just come in with you, anything to drink Cara?" I asked turning back to her.

      "Mhm, water and maybe a ultra paradise monster?" She told us.

      "Ok." Clay said stepping out of the car, me following close behind him.

      I followed Clay inside the gas station and we split up, I got Cara and I drinks, chips and as much candy as I could hold and rushed to the checkout.

     I ended up with 2 monsters, ultra paradise and ultra zero, 4 bottles of water, pringles, lays, doritos and on top of that peach rings, gummy bears, sour gummy worms, snickers, Hershey cookies and cream bars, skittles and m and m's.

     Just as the cashier bagged everything and I payed Clay showed up behind me with a Mountain Dew and some beef jerky. I waited for him to pay and we raced out to the car, me at a huge disadvantage because of the bags. I stuck my tounge out at him and climbed into the back seat with Cara.

     "Fort?" I asked and she happily agreed. We carefully hung up a sheet across the four head rests making sure Clay could still see out of his rear view mirror.

     After he was done pumping the gas he got back in the car and we immediately heard him say, "Aw no fair!"

      We just giggled as he started to drive again. Cara grabbed the bags and as quietly as she could dumped them out in-between us, her eyes lighting up in surprise. "Holy shit," she squeaked.

     "Cara!" Clay scolded.

    "Clay!" she mocked back.

      Eventually we got comfy with the cats and snacks and Cara set up her laptop. We decided on The 100, a somewhat new show I had never seen.

                                   ...

      "Alright dummies, were halfway there, you guys need anything?" Clay asked waking up both me and Cara, apparently we had fallen asleep, our heads resting on each other.

     "Hello?" He asked again peeking under the sheet. "Holy fuck! There's so much candy!" Cara swept her favorites under a blanket, out of his line of vision but not fast enough. "You had gummy bears and didn't tell me?" He pouted, acting fake hurt.

     I rolled my eyes and leaned forwards giving him a kiss on the cheek before saying, "Your quite the drama king you know that?"

     Hw shook his head pulling it back to the front seat.

    "Fine-" he got out of the car and shut the door. We watched him race inside but not before sticking his tounge out at us.

     "Such a child. You gotta go to the bathroom?" Cara asked turning to me.