carnival??

Clay pulled up to the carnival, the sun slowly starting to edge down the other side of the world, causing the bright flashing lights of the carnival to catch the eyes of everyone. Especially the twins. They “ooed” and “ahhed” as we got closer. They started naming off all the things we should do first, causing Gracie and Cara to roll their eyes, but we all knew they were excited too. 

Clay finally found a parking spot, maybe a block or two away but we could hear the overflowing noises of excitement as soon as we opened the door. 

“Are you sure you can handle walking around? I’m sure they've got wagons somewhere if your rib hurts too much.” Karl offered George, carefully helping him out of the car.

“Don’t worry you idiot, I'll be fine I promise.” George chuckled holding his pinky up to Karl. 

Karl huffed and wrapped his pinky around Georges, sealing his promise and giving him a kiss on the nose before handing his hand off the Clay and helping the twins out of the car as well. 

Nick ran around the car to my side with a childish smile and a giggle following. “What did you do?” I asked him, while turning him around so that his back was facing me. I stood up and jumped on his back as he continued to giggle about something  he had done to the kids. Soon enough we were all crowded around one another making our way to the carnival, Natalie with a bright red mustache drawn on her face courtesy of Nick. 

Our first stop was tickets. Much like before at the arcade with George and Clay we bought as many as we could. The kids weren't even too interested in playing the games, Cara and Gracie wanted to go on as many rides as possible and the twins just wanted to win some prizes. 

We ended up deciding to do rides first, considering Nick and Clay were talking about winning huge prizes, though some of us had some doubts. The first ride we decided on was the swings, Clay, Natalie and Karl held off on this one saying they would wait for the bigger scarier rides. So the rest of us got in line. George wouldn't be able to ride the faster, scarier rides because they would be too rough for his rib, but Karl promised to bring us back here once Alex was here and his rib was healed.

  I sat in a swing next to Nick with the twins on the other side of me and George, Cara and Gracie behind me. It spun us around in circles for about five minutes before slowly letting us back down, the twins giggling and yelling to go again. We promised we could come back to the swings but wanted to move on to another ride. They sighed and nodded, letting Nick and I help them off the swings. 

We all walked around for a few minutes, taking in the views, the smells and the noises. I had never been to a fair before this so it was amazing. We walked past a small roller coaster and Natalie immediately squeaked and ran to get in line. George smiled and nodded off to the rest of us, taking the twins' hands in each of his. 

“We’re going to get something to eat! We’ll be right back,” He shouted to us, waving as much as he could with both hands occupied.

He walked off as we all got in line, Cara barley holding her excitement in, making Gracie mirror her excitement. Clay was standing behind Nick and I towering over the both of us. He was messing with Nick's hair, twirling it around his fingers. I had stolen Nick's hat as soon as we were off the swings. Karl was on the other side of me squeezing the shit out of my hand. I looked up at him and then it hit me, he was nervous.

“Huh, can’t say I expected this.” I smirked looking up at Karl. I do have to say watching his face while he realized.