Chapter 4

When Grian woke up the first thing he noticed was that his back was hurting. It wasn't just the little pain that was normal for the hermits after working for hours. It wasn't even close to the pain he had felt the day before. It was at least ten times worse, if not even twenty. It felt like something had hit him really hard right after he got stabbed in the back.

He quickly turned to look what was wrong with his back and surprisingly there was no blood. But that wasn't what Grian was shocked about.

There on his back sat a pair of small black and purple what looked like dragon wings.

Grian stumbled out of his bed as he panicked into his bathroom to take a closer look. First he thought that he had hallucinated, but when he looked in the mirror they were still there. He was still panicking he took a closer look.

They were actually kinda beautiful. They were completely black, except the little purple that was showing up some places. They were really small too. Not much bigger than a hand.

Grian decided that the best thing to do was just hide them under his red sweatshirt, because they were so small. He also decided to try and stay away from people just in case.

He decided to use that whole day reading books and trying to find out what was happening to him.
When he had read all the books he owned and it was over midnight he decided to give up.

He couldn't find any books that was even close to what he was looking for, and now he just wanted to go to bed and forget about all the weird stuff that had been happening to him lately.

So he did just that. He layed down in his bed and almost immediately fell asleep.

The next day Grian woke up having forgotten about everything. That was until he saw the mess of books on the floor.

He sighed remembering what he discovered the day before. And now he realised that the pain from yesterday was almost completely gone, but instead he could feel a light weight on his back. Sure, it was there yesterday but that was just barely. He guessed that could only mean one thing...

He's wings had grown.

They had doubled the size overnight and Grian was sure he could just barely be able to hide them under his sweater now. And probably only if he had his chestplate on. People would probably start asking questions when Grian didn't use an elytra, but that will have to do until he can find a solution to his problem.

He had gotten the new yesterday on his communicator that some of the hermits had gone to the end to get elytra's for everyone. But apparently Iskall had opened a club for people that didn't use elytra and gave out medals for not using it for a longer period of time.

Maybe that was the perfect opportunity for Grian. No one would ask questions if he was in that club, right?
He wouldn't have to use an elytra without looking suspicious and he would even get medals for it! Win win situation, he thought as he messaged Iskall.

Iskall85:

Grian: hi Iskall! I just wanted to ask if you could sign me up for that no wings club you have?

Iskall85: yeah, sure! Is there any reason you can't come and sign up yourself?

Grian: no, not really. I just don't feel like walking right now, so I thought I might just message you instead

Iskall85: understandable, lol. I'll sign you up right away!

Grian: thank you!

Iskall85: no problem!

Right as Grian was finished with texting with Iskall, he heard knocking on the door. He quickly took on his chestplate and adjusted it so it was impossible to see that he had wings under them and ran to open the door.

He opened the door and there stood none other than his moustache friend, Mumbo Jumbo.

"Hey, I just wanted to give you this." He said, holding out an elytra. "Oh, um... thank you, but I'm in Iskall's no wings club" Grian said slightly nervous.

"You're in the no wings club? Your joking right?" Mumbo said, not completely sure if his friend was joking or not.

"No, I'm not joking. Actually I messaged Iskall to join right before you came." Grian said, seeing the confusion in Mumbo's face. It was understandable that Mumbo would be concerned. After all Grian was known for loving to fly around everywhere, even if it was only a small distance. And he was incredibly good at it too.

"Ok, well if your sure I'll just take this back then" Mumbo said putting the elytra back in his inventory. "Oh, also while we're still talking, where were you yesterday. I didn't see you all day!" Now Mumbo looked a bit worried for his friend. Exactly what Grian wanted, yay!

"Oh, um..." Grian didn't really know what to say so he just come up with a lie. "I was a bit sick, but don't worry I'm feeling good now!" Grian tried to say without it sounding like a lie. And it kinda worked because Mumbo seemed like he believed it, but now he was even more worried.

But he didn't have much time to worry about that anymore, because now he had a even bigger problem. Grian had just disappeared out of nowhere right in front of him.

And the only thing that was left where his friend just stood was small purple particles.

——————————————

I am so sorry I haven't been posting in months, but my motivation just flew out the window. But now I'm back and I'm hoping I will keep going for a while now as I have some new ideas!

Hope you enjoyed, and thank you for reading this far! :)

(Not proofread, btw)