Chapter 1: New Beginnings

From the big grassy meadows to the cool mountain streams, roams a young female dispersal wolf with a snowy white coat and blue eyes. Her soft paws walking on the damp ground, feeling excited about leaving her home territory in search of her own. Hearing the rivers run and the wind in the trees just made it harder to relax and easier to excite her. I was alone walking through Yellowstone, just a lone wolf, I didn't know where I was going or if I was truly alone. 

I'm traveling from the Absaroka mountains to the Lamar River to hopefully find something there, my dad told me that's where he found his partner, so that's where I'm going first. Walking through a big field filled with white daisies and wildflowers sniffing the air for any unwanted visitors then heads southeast. Walking through Yellowstone was very fun since I have never been farther than the Absaroka mountains. To me, this was more than a quest or a part of life, it was an adventure I never knew I would have.

 To me, this was more than a quest or a part of life, it was an adventure I never knew I would have

Walking through the grassy green meadow sniffing for anything she could possibly eat. I was starting to become hungry and couldn't find anything to eat. Her legs feeling shaky and she was starting to feel light headed. Then out of the shadows a black wolf jumps out and onto Skyy! I learned when I was a juvenile wolf how to fight off other wolves. She kept her paws firm, stood her ground and dodged almost every attack the black wolf had given her. The battle is too much for me and I'm not strong enough to fight off the wolf, he was biting me and scratching me, and I just couldn't go on. For a wolf, she didn't think it was natural to just attack and purposely hurt another wolf, especially a she-wolf. Because I wasn't strong enough to fight off the wolf I backed down and showed my dominance to the him by laying on my back. I lay there unconscious, my mind blurred. I closed my eyes trying to think about what had just happened, the only thing I remember was a black blur picking me up.

I don't know how long it was until I was able to gain consciousness back again, and when I did, I had a splitting headache. Her body is lying under a big tree that seemed to be in bloom, the tree was right next to a big river. I tried to stand up, but I felt a lot of pain throughout my body, I was able to do it though. Climbing onto some rocks and looked around at the unknown area she was in, I was shocked when she saw that it was already dusk, but she did have an idea about where she was. 
The Grand Canyon, of course! Knowing from memory that the Lamar River was just a few miles east of the Grand Canyon. Her eye lids were closing and her head felt dizzy, she layed down and put her head onto her paws, and closed her eyes. 

Hearing a blur of words and arguing in her mind, feeling scared because she was.