Chapter 8: A New Home

"Come, I'll bring you to Ash", Catalina softly barks. "Ok, let's go", I say before following Catalina and the pups towards the lake.

The black wolf leads us to a stone where another black wolf was sitting, it was more of a gray wolf than a black wolf, to be honest, but it was Ash. She looked sad and hurt, but happy.

"Good afternoon", she says. "Hi", Thunder quickly adds after Ash finished, her words.

"Hello Thunder, I'm so happy to see you, how have you been", she says. "I'm doing alright, just a little sad I guess", Thunder replies. "I understand, losing a loved one is hard", Ash barks.

"How have you been Ash?", Thunder asks. "I've been doing great, even with the loss of two wolves", Ash's voice fades away.

"Thunder, you must watch out for a new ship, understand", Ash says, her voice fading. "Ship?", Thunder says.

"We love you great grandma", Skyy whines. "I know you do", Ash says, her voice fading away. "Goodbye", I whisper. "Ash?", Thunder says, her voice shaky. "Ash!", she screams. Thunder buries her face into the pelt, her eyes drowning in her tears of sadness.

Three wolves dying in almost three days, yes Ash did die, a peaceful death. I'm so grateful she wasn't killed and that she died with her family. A dark red glowing wolf comes out of Ash, the color represents her courage, bravery, and most of all, her love. The stone was Argon's stone, the place where he was put to rest and is still resting, Ash will be put down next to him, soulmates forever.

"Shipwreck", he says softly. "Louis", she replies. Long lost friends, maybe more than friends, or maybe less. 

The moonlight shines down onto the lake of the Starlight pack, a gentle breeze floats through the forest and slightly touches the surface of the water

The moonlight shines down onto the lake of the Starlight pack, a gentle breeze floats through the forest and slightly touches the surface of the water. Wolves huddled together and slept peacefully under the moonlight. Only one wolf had her thoughts racing and her eyes open, Shipwreck. A young red wolf sat on the other side of the lake, her eyes glistening with the reflection of the moon, tears in her eyes, losing a family friend. She was there for Louis, her best friend, a family best friend. She gets up and slowly walks to the other side of the lake. Her thin body swiftly moves with the current of the wind and cold air swims through her nose, filled with different but familiar scents. "Shipwreck", he says calmly. "Louis?", Shipwreck questions. "Why have you come?", he sternly asks. "I-I I've come to support your pack because of the passing of three wolves", she studders. "We don't need you here, you left me and", he pauses for a moment. "I just don't want to lose you again, you know, I did love you", he admits. "We were young and stupid, it didn't matter", she says then quickly turns her head. "I had moved on though, and so did you", he says. "No, I didn't", she growls. "You didn't what?", he asks. "I never moved on, I still loved you, I just got jealous of Titanium and pretended I had moved on", Shipwreck admitted turning away from Louis. It's quiet for a few moments.