Chapter 30

Mel's POV

It was a quiet morning as Harry and I gathered our things and prepared to head back to Brighton. I had been up most of the night with my thoughts spinning around in my head. I wasn't ready for the conversation that was going to take place when we got home, I already knew how it was going to end. The time we had together had been wonderful, he helped me grow and learn to love, to give things a second chance, if he left now I would accept all of these things and hoped he would lived a happy, fulfilling life.

Girls like me only get happiness for so long, it had been about long enough. Harry was going to go to school, we would try and make it work with the distance, he would meet someone else and all of the sweet words he had said to me would fade away into the past. I couldn't bear to think of it, I couldn't bear to think of losing him.

"Stop thinking so much" he whispered as his arms wrapped around my waist from behind, pulling him to me. I couldn't help but let my weight rest against his tall figure, in his arms I felt at home.

"I'm sorry" I replied quietly squeezing his arms with my own. We stared for a little bit longer before he unwrapped his arms and let me return to folding our clothes while he made the bed. Thirty minutes later we were finishing breakfast with Gemma and Robin and stuffing ourselves into a cab to the train station.

It wasn't until we got off the train in Brighton that we spoke again. I think we had mutually decided to leave each other with our thoughts without actually deciding it. Unfortunately, being inside my own head had only caused the worrying to increase, there was no way I was going to be able to hold a calm conversation about this. I knew that I had agreed to let him leave peacefully, but I truly loved him, I could never put him, leave, and peacefully in the same sentence and mean it.

"Are you hungry" he asked grabbing my hand as we walked out the door of the train station.

"Let's just find food at home, I don't think we need to put this off any longer for both of our sanity sake" I answered without looking at his face. It had read hurt and sad all day and I couldn't take seeing it like that much longer before I broke down.

"Sure, if that's what you want" he replied quietly giving my hand a squeeze and searching for a cab to take us home.