Chapter 12

Something was wrong, something was worse than wrong. I had never heard such a bloodcurdling scream in my life. I dropped the tea kettle on to the counter, not caring that water went everywhere, and rushed up the stairs. I slipped on the hardwood as I rounded the corner into my room but I stopped myself once I saw what all the screaming was about. 

It was him, Andrew. He sitting on my bed as though no time had passed, as if he was still welcome here with a smug smile on his face. Elsa and Kate were cowering in the corner, their faces pale with fear. 

"Now Melody, when are you ever going to learn to change your locks love?" His words were slurred and the scent of bourbon only continued to fill the room with every opening of his mouth. 

I darted my eyes from him to the girls trying to urge with my eyes to somehow call for help, call Harry, call anyone that could get us out of here. 

"Don't even try Mel, I took their phones. And now I want yours." His smile was evil and his eyes turned from glassy to devious. He stood up from the bed and stumbled over to me. I tried to back out of the room on instinct, but he knew me well. 

"Stop running, dear. Its obvious that I always catch up to you" he yelled causing me to stop in my tracks. Elsa was nearly in tears and my heart was pumping so fast I felt like I might pass out. Terrified didn't begin to describe how I felt. 

I handed him my cell phone slowly so that he didn't have to come any closer than he already was, but he didn't grab the phone. He held tight to my hand and pulled me towards him, I felt the bones in my hand touching one another, just a little bit tighter and I was certain that something would break, it wouldn't be the first time either. 

"You miss me" he breathed into my face. The overwhelming smell of alcohol, stale cigarettes, and body odor was enough to cause me to start gagging. "Answer me" he yelled as his eyes pierced through mine. 

I nodded and let a small whimper escape from my mouth. He scared me still no matter how much I tried to deny it. "Of course you did, no one else wants your sorry ass. I am the best you are ever going to get."

He had leaned his forehead against mine and his hands were squeezing my biceps tightly now, holding me in place. He moved his chin forward ever so slightly, but thankfully Kate screamed and stopped him before his lips met mine. 

"Mel! Don't let him get away with this again! You have fought so hard to regain yourself, you are strong and you are worth it. Fight, dammit!" 

I felt empowered with her words but Andrew's bellowing laugh quickly put me back into my place. I was a small girl and practically a fly compared to his hulking figure. I couldn't fight anything, that was how I had become a prisoner of this relationship for two years. 

"Shut it whore, you're next" he shouted back at them and that stopped Kate. She knew what he was capable of, she had seen me at my worst. 

He returned his attention to me and pushed me back against the wall and pressed all of his body weight of against mine as his hands started to work their way underneath my shirt. His fingers felt like ice on my skin, he was going to rape me right here in front them, I had to stop him. I had to save myself, unlike sixteen year old Melody I had something to live for, I had someone to live for. 

"Stop, please just stop. J-J-Just for a second. I...I left the stove on and I really need to shut it off. I promise you can do whatever you want with me. I just don't want to burn down my flat." I sounded like a five year old little girl and I had always felt like one when he was around, being forced to do things and being pushed around. It was a weak try but it was all I could come with, I prayed in my head that it would work. 

"Two minutes Melody, no funny business" he growled into my face, stumbling over the words. 

I nodded sharply and glanced back at El and Kate. "Don't hurt them, you have to promise."

"I promise nothing, and you know that" he said with the evil smile returning. I nodded and backed away slowly out of the room. 

I had no clue what I was going to do but I didn't have much time to figure it out. I looked around the room for anything that I could use as a weapon but I knew that was too predictable. I scanned the room and my eyes stopped on the door. I sprinted over and yanked the door open. I sucked in all the air I could and screamed, I screamed like it was the last time I ever would. 

I heard his feet pounding down the stairs as I let the last bits of air escape from my chest. I began to fear that no one would care enough to even look out their door but then an older man's face appeared a few flats down. 

"Young lady wh-"

"Call the police! He's going t-" 

The room went black.