Chapter 19

There, I had finally said it. Everything thing I had said a million times in therapy, I had written it down so many times that I could never forget it even if I wanted to. And now he knew, he knew that in such a short time he charmed me into falling absolutely in love with him. There was no turning back for me, even if he never spoke to me after this I would never be able to deny that he had made a lasting impression in my life. He had made me realize that I was better than the bruises and the harsh words, I deserved love and I was capable of giving it.

"Mel, did you just...did you just say that you loved me?"

His quiet murmur pulled me out of my own head and back to my living room, I looked up to see his forehead in quizzical, yet amused, wrinkles; he was obviously taken aback as he should be. I had kicked him out of a hospital room and then never spoke to him again for three solid months and then I call him to my apartment and then blurt out that I love him. Thinking of it that way, I was kind of a mess.

"I uh...I did yeah. I-Is that okay" I whispered to him as I fiddled with my fingers and traced the pattern on the rug with my eyes.

"Look at me" he asked quietly, almost pleading with me. I couldn't do it, not just yet. One more tracing of the red splotch in the middle and then I'd look.

The chair creaked and his knees made soft thuds as he waddled on the floor. His fingers were suddenly gripping my knee caps. "Look at me, Mel." He leaned his forehead on mine and I moved my eyes up from the floor to meet his.

"You are quite the roller coaster, you know that right? Almost killing me in a club for spilling my drink on you, giggling while I cook you dinner, pushing me away with all of your might, telling me you love me after not speaking for three months. I shouldn't, I know its not smart, but I can't help but lo-"

I didn't even let him finish the words before I pushed my lips to his. I could tell he had been waiting and fantasizing about this just like I had, I had missed him so much. Heat radiated between us, his fingers moved up my legs and spread across my back, mine were entangled in his curls, our lips moved in sync, passion flowing from every inch of skin.

He eventually pulled away and took in a large gasp of air, laughing as he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. "I guess that was my way of telling you welcome home" he chuckled.