Chapter 16

Harry's POV

I twisted the metal handle and slowly pushed the heavy wooden door open, peaking around to see if she was awake yet. Her eyes were closed and the blankets were sliglhty moving up and down with every breath she took. I sat my sad excuse for a breaksfast and the newspaper I had grabbed on a table by the door before quietly pushing it closed so as to not disturb her. 

I grabbed my belongings and headed for my plastic uncomfortable throne by the window sill. My phone was sitting there in the sunlight, I had forgotten that I even had it. I figured it was most likely dead at this point so I didn't even bother to check it, the only person I needed to get into contact with was laying five feet from me. 

I unwrapped the cold burrito type thing and took almost half of it in one bite, it tasted terrible but I was hungry. I finished the rest of it quickly and drank half of my botttle of my water, hoping to rid the taste from my mouth. It was half eleven but I wanted to take a nap and nothing sounded better than cuddling next to Mel. I kicked off my boots and began untangling the scratchy hospital blanket from her grasp. 

"Harry, what are you doing? I'm trying to sleep" she groggily whined as she pulled the fabrci tighter to her chest, pulling what little bit I had out of my grasp. 

"I just want to join you for a little nap, love" I responded quietly trying to wrangle the blanket free. 

"No" she firmly said without missing a beat. 

I was quite taken aback and didn't really no how to respond at this. I could tell that she was completely awake even though she refused to open her eyes. 

"Mel, is something wrong?"

"I just want to be alone, I think...I think you should leave" she said opening those brown eyes I come to adore, except this time there was not an ounce of sparkle in them. Whoever this perosn was lying in front of me wasn't Melody, at least not mine anyways.