☁︎The Greeting☁︎

"ɪᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴘʀɪᴠɪʟᴀɢᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʙʏ ʏᴏᴜ"
-ᴀᴜɢᴜsᴛᴜs, ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ ɪɴ ᴏᴜʀ sᴛᴀʀs

-𝙿𝚘𝚜𝚢-
I got back from school one evening. It had been at least two weeks since the shower incident, and I had almost completely forgotten about it. I had walked into my bedroom, and I sat in my bed to start homework. I suddenly heard loud music coming from my brother's bedroom next to mine. I rolled my eyes while putting my book down.

"Mom! I thought Josh was sleeping at a friend's tonight!" I called out.

"He is!" Her voice came from the kitchen, and I was assuming she was making dinner.

"Well I guess he isn't anymore!" I stormed up to my brother's door, and started to open it. "Josh, just because you're a year older does NOT mean that you can just crank music-" but when I walked in, it wasn't Josh that I saw. Instead, I saw a black figure sitting by the radio Josh had in his room.

The figure was the same silhouette of a man that I saw weeks ago in my bathroom. I shrieked, and went to turn around to run out and leave, when I ran into the door, shutting it. I turned around slowly, to see the thing looking at me.

I was about to call for my mom, when the thing shushed me. It was a harsh "sh" so I went silent. The thing started walking up to me slowly, as if it would get hit if it didn't. Which honestly, it probably would. A single tear fell down my face as it approached, I was scared. I had not been scared like this for a LONG time.

"You didn't have to scream like that." A boy's voice said. The thing was talking. He sounded like a teenage boy, but his voice was much more smooth and demanding. I had backed all the way up into a wall, as the boy thing was still coming closer. He had now walked all the way up to me, and we stood inches apart.

"Are you real?" I spluttered. He chuckled an almost mocking chuckle, and shook his head while looking down. I was so confused.

"Not quite, but also very much." His answer was brief, but it was all that I would ask. I could not see his face, or his body in total. Everything about him was pitch black. And yet, I could feel his hot breath on my forehead, as that is where his mouth reached on me. I was about 5'5, so he had to be about 6'0. Tall. Intimidating.

"Why are you here?" I blurted out. He took a step back, and I eased slightly.

"I was assigned to you. I was assigned to help you." He answered, suddenly sounding cold and hollow.

"By who?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowing. It felt as though he wouldn't hurt me. Like I was safe with him. And he sounded like a normal boy too. But was he really? His looks say otherwise.

"I will tell you, but can we please move back to your bedroom? It is safer for me and it is the place you feel safest." He asked as though he was trying to reason with me.

"Fine. Just don't be seen by my mom and or dad." I answered, slightly annoyed. Who and what is this guy?

"Okay." We made our way back to my bedroom which was only down the hall, and the boy blended in with the shadows perfectly. It was weird.

When we got into my room, I slammed the door shut and made my way to shut the curtains. My room was now dark, and with a flick of a finger, the boy turned the lights on. I was frozen in my spot. This can't be happening.