Chap 4 [Rest]

After going and getting the key and using the elevator to the 2nd floor of the hotel, I opened the door and found 2 beds and a couch.  Well then....

        "Okay, one person on the couch, one person on a bed, and on the other bed..."  Realization hit as all of us looked at each other one by one.  Hm.  Chuuya ran and jumped into the couch drunkly and Akutagawa fled onto one of the beds.  That left me and Dazai, I could live with that. 

         I got under the covers of the side by the wall and yawned.  Feeling Dazai's weight on the other side of the bed I slid almost off the edge.  He sprawled out, I should have expected that.  "Night Sushi <3" Dazai said before falling asleep.  None of us even took off our clothes and got into our pjs.  We were too exhausted.  I said goodnight back as I got comfortable.

        Soon, everyone fell asleep with the bright moon flowing through the windows.

~

       I sat up slowly and rubbed my eyes, turning my head and looking at the clock over the sleeping Dazai.  5:46am.  I got a couple hours of sleep at least.  I put my head down to try to fall back into rest with no luck.  Eventually I got up quietly and went out the door, down the elevator, and into the hotel lobby which looked to be abandoned. 

         I switched the tv on and watched a random channel half heartedly.  I sat and watched for about 15 minutes before going up to the coffee maker and pouring some cold coffee into a styrofoam cup.   I heard steps and my blood turned to ice.  Who was up this early?

         "Hey kid."  It was Chuuya.  I turned my head over my shoulder and saw the executive brushing his fingers through his hair.  "Couch wasn't the comfiest."

        "What are you doing up?"

        "My head hurts and I'm a little nauseous.  I swear that Massimo guy poisoned my drink... and Dazai was snoring super loud, damn idiot."  He rubbed his chin and sat on one of the waiting room chairs. 

         I nodded slightly and tilted my cup to him but he shook his head.  "Nah, no one sane wants a cold coffee.  You're just wild huh."

       "Suit yourself."  I said as I plopped down into the chair beside Chuuya.  It was silent for a minute as both of our sleep deprived brains tried to collect working brain cells.

         "I know it's been awhile but how are you settling with the new job and Dazai?"

        "It's good, thank you.  At first I thought he was a little strange, but then I remembered that strange people are normally the best ones."  Chuuya tilted his head.

       "I still don't like how you call abilities as 'strange'."

          "What do you mean?"

          "I dunno.  It just seems like you're always disappointed.  Not in others but in yourself."

         "I didn't know you cared."

        He chuckled a little and looked into my purple eyes.  "Just because you slap Mafia on a name doesn't mean they are a bad person."

         I looked down into my cup.  "It's just weird.  Abilities seem weird to me, and I was just thinking of where I would be if I didn't have it."

        "Well, you wouldn't have a roof over your head and an agency to watch your back."  Chuuya patted my shoulder and walked back to the elevator.  "It's a good thing, Sushi.  Just remember that."

        He walked away and left me in my thoughts.  I guess he was right.  I am gods worst mistake, at least that's what I thought.  But... if I wasn't.. I wouldn't be here.  I would be alone.  But now... I'm... happy.

~

       The sun finally rose over the horizon and sitting in the room I heard a groan come from Dazai.  "Mornin."  I said to the man. 

        "Good morning, I had an amazing dream about suicide!  I jumped from the window and-"

        "If you need someone to throw you out of the window then I'm free."  Chuuya mumbled from under covers on the couch. 

       "Is Akutagawa awake?"

       "Yes."  The mafioso mumbled out, covering his face from the overhead light that was turned on by me.  I walked over to the shades and opened them wide.  I saw the bright sea shimmering crystals from the suns rays.

        "Dazai, don't you have work toda-"

        "It'll be fine!! Let's get some breakfast :3"  He jumped out of the bed and flew to the bathroom where he grabbed a comb for his hair.  He didn't need to get dressed as he slept in all of his clothes. 

        I sat down and waited for them to get ready.  "Okay, but Dazai, if you take us to another poor ass place that sells shit then I'm leaving."  Chuuya said.

       "I'll make something!"  I said.

       "Where?"

       "We can go to someone's apartment.  Whose has the most food in their fridge? Or, let me rephrase that, who has any molecule food?"  We weren't the richest, especially Dazai and I.

        Dazai shook his head as did Akutagawa.  "I don't have much, and it's kinda cramped."  I said.

        "Alright, I guess we're going to mine then."  Chuuya said, getting over his hangover slowly.

        Once they all got ready to go out, we returned our keys to the office and left.  The wind had a slight chill and the clouds filled our vision slightly.  Dazai handed me his brown trench-coat when he saw me shivering.  I put it on thankfully and Akutagawa stared at us jealously.

        "Is your apartment connected with the Port Mafia, Chuuya?"  I asked, finally warming up. 

       "Yes and no.  Yes as in its monitored by the Mafia but no as in normal people and guests can go and live there.  So you guys will be just fine."  I sighed a breath of relief as we walked to the taxi sign.  Dazai called the phone number on it and soon a black and yellow taxi came up into our vision.

       Hopping in the back with Dazai and Chuuya, me sitting in the middle of course, I enjoyed the ride.  I relaxed and daydreamed as our destination became closer.