Chap 7. [Happy Ending]

So, we went to the arcade. We stayed there about an hour and I was surprised to find that Aku was really good at Mario Cart and Pinball while I was best at Tetris and Pac-Man.

It was so strange to see a smile come across Akutagawa's face each time he won a game. Seeing him happy made me happy. After a couple hours and a million quarters we found ourselves plopped on the benches outside the arcade.

"My feet hurt so bad..." I stumbled out. I wasn't used to being on my feel all day like that.

"Same here." Aku said, resting his head on the bench.  It was beautiful out, the sun shone on our faces even though there was a small chill on the air.  There wasn't a cloud in the sky and all I heard were bustling people doing their daily routines. 

       "Hey, I just want to say that I've had a bunch of fun with you this wee-"

        Before I could finish my sentence he smashed his lips onto mine in a quick fury.  I flushed and didn't know what to do so I just did what came natural to me.  I pushed myself closer to him and allowed him to continue. 

       Our tongues felt slippery against each other and this earned a laugh from me while I was in Akutagawa's mouth.

      "You feel the same way, I'm glad." He stuttered out when his mouth pulled apart from mine.

       "I- I don't really know yet..." I said shyly.  Truth is, I didn't.  I didn't know if I could just push past the abuse I endured the past years so easily.  "..."

        He looked kind of disappointed as he saw the look of confusion in my eyes.  "It's okay, you don't have to make a decision now."  He said, putting his pale hand on top of mine.

      "But, why?"

      "Why what?"

      "Why were you so frustrated with me this whole time..." I said, knowing tears were close to falling.

     "It's because I was in pain.  I'm sorry.  I never wanted to become that kind of person."  Aku looked down at me.  "But... I've had time to think.  I realize everything know, and I can promise you I will treat you better along with the agency."

     I looked back up at him and squeezed his hand.  "I sure hope so."

     And with that, the conversation was over.  I had a lot of mixed feelings and the most important one being I may kinda like guys.

      Other than that, I think, maybe in the future when we both have had time to adjust and heal, I think we can finally be together.

      We can finally be together and get our happily ever after.

~THE END~