230. Humiliation (4)

However, Xu Xu and the others didn't know the difference. They were impressed by by fact that it was from Seven. Pretending to be educated about the brand, they exclaimed, ''No wonder it looks amazing. I think you're the only person in Rao City who could buy something so exquisite from Seven.''

That was what Qiao Chen wanted to hear after spending so much money. She lowered her head and pretended to be humble. She said, ''It's not a big deal, everyone can afford it. I was just lucky enough to get it.''

''Not everyone can pull it off as well as you.''

Qiao Chen pouted in response. As she spoke to her classmates, she glanced towards the reporters at the side.

Most of them had already arrived.

Some were adjusting their cameras.

Some snapped a few photos of them when they noticed their arrival.

The flashes were blinding.

Xu Xu saw the reporters as well and started to adjust her clothes insecurely. She regretted not asking her parents to get her something more expensive.

She tugged on her dress and she looked around and then exclaimed to Qiao Chen in envy, ''Chen Chen, your birthday is such a big event!"

''It's nothing, we just invited some of our friends over for a meal. They're mostly friends of my parents.''

''It's still a huge event. It's the first time I am seeing so many reporters for a event.''

The other Class B students nodded in agreement.

Qiao Chen secretly despised them for being so sheltered, but their reactions stroked her ego.

She lifted her chin and didn't check on the reporters like her classmates. She maintained a straight posture with a faint smile.

Suddenly.

Qiao Weimin and He Yujuan arrived.

He Yujuan was old and didn't like riding in sportscars.

Hence, Qiao Weimin accompanied her in a Benz.

When they got out of the car.

''Dad, grandma.'' Qiao Chen walked upto then quickly and helped He Yujuan out of the car.

Although He Yujuan was at the pink of health and didn't need any assistance, she appreciated Qiao Chen's gesture. She allowed her help her out of the vehicle and patted Qiao Chen's hand and said, ''I contacted grandma Tang on my way here, she should be arriving  shortly. And she's bringing a friend.''

The grandma Tang she was referring to was Tang Wei.

The Class B students didn't know much about the inner workings of the upper echelon of the society. Tang Wei wasn't just skilled in playing the piano, she was also interviewed on television several times and was widely known.

She was a master pianist.

Qiao Chen was excited to know that Grandma Tang would be arriving soon. She couldn't wait to finally meet her. She bit on her lip as her heart raced. She looked at her grandma shyly and asked, ''Grandma, do you know the friend who grandma Tang is bringing?"

''Ermm...''

He Yujuan knew. She was shocked where Tang Wei told her the person's identity.

That person's arrival would be a huge piece of news for tomorrow's headline.

The reporter's trip today was worth it!

She looked around and she several outsiders. Deciding to be mysterious, she said, ''You'll know it when the person arrives.''

Qiao Chen became even more excited.

She held onto her grandma's hand and nodded, answering, ''Alright.''

At this moment, Qiao Weimin noticed Qiao Nian surrounded by her friends from the corner of his eyes.
He exclaimed, ''Nian Nian?"