𝟕.𝟎

"You might as well go tell your father that none of what he just announced is going to happen," Nyla states as she and Selene make their way back to their bedroom

Sighing, Selene shakes her head and gently grasps Nyla's hand. Selene then snaps her fingers, and just within two seconds, the pair are standing in the home library.

Selene drops Nyla's hand and steps over to a very specific book. She pulls it as if she is about to take the book, then steps back.

In just ten seconds, the entire shelf does a 180, revealing a door. Twisting the knob, Selene walks into the dark room. Glancing behind her, she notices that her mate hasn't come in.

"Come on, nothings going to happen."

"Yeah...you don't know that anything could happen at any moment. And that moment just might be when I walk into that dark ass room."

"Nothing will happen to you and I put that on my life."

Nyla cocks her head to the side. "What fawking life?"

"Bro, bring your ass on," Selene states, walking back over to Nyla. She wraps her hand around Nyla's wrist and pulls her into the room, ignoring the kicking and hitting she did.

"Now what?" Nyla questions, holding on to the bottom of Selene's shirt as they stand in the middle of the dark room.

Clapping her hands, the lights flicker on revealing a huge open book that sits on a stand in the center of the room.

"You came here to show me a book?" The human questions.

"It's not just any book, it's sacred. It holds many powerful things inside it," Selene states, gently flipping through the torn pages of the old book.

Becoming curious, Nyla stands on her tiptoes, trying to read the book only for it to be in another language. "Things like what?"

Selene looks down at her mate, "Things that I may not tell you until I can turn you into a demon. But I can tell you this." The demon pauses and carefully turns the pages until she gets to the section she's looking for.

"I'm going to read this small section to you and hopefully you'll understand why I need you to stay here with me and marry me."

Nyla sighs, nodding her head. "Go ahead."

"When the heir of the King and Queen finds their mate, that heir and his/her mate shall be inaugurated within 1095 days. If their mate refuses, they shall be met with an agonizing death."

"Hold on...hold on. So I'm going to die if I don't marry you and turn into a demon and shit."

Selene nods, "Yes, but you won't just die, your soul will be wiped out. Meaning your entire existence will be gone. It also states that I'll be punished."

Nyla slowly blinks, baffled and a bit frightened.

"What are you being punished for?"

"Well, since I'm a demon and we're meant to be evil, malicious, etc all the time, I should be able to force you to marry me if you are to disagree. Whether that's killing people you love or putting my hands on you just to get you to rule with me. If you still don't agree, then of course you'll be killed and I'll be stripped of my wings, thrown in a cell, and tortured for the rest of eternity. That'll happen to me because demons feel that if you cannot control a human, you are simply weak."

"Well, shit," Nyla says in shock.

"So your dad just gone let you sit in a cell and rot?"

Selene shrugs. "Well, it's not really up to my parents at that point. It's up to Hell's Judge and Jury."

"Well, I don't really want to die...yet." Nyla mumbles.

Selene shakes her head, no longer surprised by the words that come from Nyla's mouth.

"You still have two years and seven months to decide on what you want to do. Don't stress about it." Selene explains, grabbing Nyla's hand and walking out of the room.

"Fine. Now feed me. All this just made me hungry."

——————————
— not edited
Sorry about the wait, I've been real busy.
Do any of y'all make book covers? I need one for this book.
90+ votes
🖤.