𝟕.𝟓

"Rise and shine!"  Selene yells, waking Nyla up from her deep slumber

"Rise and shine!"  Selene yells, waking Nyla up from her deep slumber. A small smile plays on Selene's lips as she watches Nyla look around the room confused before looking at her.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Nyla asks with squinted eyes, not liking how bright it was in the room.

"It's your first day of training so get up, brush them teeth, and put on something comfortable. You got twenty minutes." The demon explains pulling Nyla up by her arms. Instead of standing up on her own, Nyla lets her body fall onto Selene's—Selene quickly catching her before she hits the floor.

"Carry me." Nyla mumbles looking up at Selene through her eyelashes.

Selene sighs, looking out the window of their bedroom. "Looking at me like that will have you walking around here pregnant so stop cause I know you ain't ready for that." Selene voices making Nyla take a step back and drop her arms to her side.

"You right. I'll be back." Nyla tells her walking into the bathroom.

Minutes later Nyla comes out of the bathroom dressed in a oversized T shirt, basketball shorts, and some crocs.

Selene looks I've eat Nyla and frowns. "Why you wearing jail shoes to go train."

"First of all they're not jail shoes. Second, they gone be in sports mode so I don't slip out of them. Now let's go." Nyla explains walking out the door like she knew where to go.

"You going the wrong way." Selene calls out as she gets up to follow behind Nyla who turned left instead of right.

"I knew that."

"I thought you said these were kids, these are giants compared to me. It's like you brought me here to get me killed. If you want me to die just say that." Nyla rants as she and Selene watch the kids go toe to toe in a fighting match. The kids had no mercy for one another throwing blow after blow until one of them got knocked down from a blow to the stomach.

Nyla gags as the demon laying on the floor curls up into a ball holding onto his stomach while Selene laughs at her.

"I don't find this funny." Nyla says frowning as she watches one of the adults drag the injured demon off the floor throwing him into a pile of other injured demons.

" I do but come on, you're up next." Selene says grabbing her hand pulling her to the side. Letting Nyla's hand go, Selene reaches into her pocket pulling out some type of ointment.

Nyla looks at the tube in confusion. "What's that?"

"It will help prevent any bruising and swelling if you get hit in the face." Selene explains rubbing the substance all over Nyla's face.

Nyla frowns. "I don't want to do this. Why can't I train with you?"

Selene grins looking down at a pouting Nyla.

"Believe me when I say that you'd rather train with them. Just because we're mates doesn't mean I'd take it easier on you. I'd treat you the same as anyone else. Plus their a lot more weaker than me so it shouldn't be too bad. Now, are you ready?"

"No."

"That's too damn bad. You up next."

——————————

hey 🫠.