𝟖.𝟓

"What are we doing back here?" Nyla asked as they stood in the middle of her bedroom. Everything looked just like it did when she left.

Selene sighed taking a seat on the bed, pulling Nyla in between her legs, wrapping her arms around her.

"I'm bringing you back. I know you miss your family and I feel bad about how I just up and took you. I spoke to Dani, and she's bringing Kayla back as well. I'll be back in a couple of weeks to check on you." Selene explained.

Nyla said nothing, still in shock trying to process what Selene had just told her, so Selene continued speaking.

"All of your belongings are in the suitcase."

Nyla looked around the room until she sees a black suitcase by her bedroom door.

"When did you pack that?" Nyla asked. The two had been together every day, twenty four- seven after the conversation they had almost a week ago. They were getting to know one another more, enjoying each other's company.

"I did it while you were asleep. You know yo ass sleep like you're dead."

"I do no– mph!"

The demon cut her off, laying a kiss on Nyla's lips before standing up.

"It's time for me to go back. I'll see you later. I like you."

Before Nyla could say anything, Selene disappeared.

Unwillingly, a small pout graced Nyla's face as her eyes glossed over. She was actually liking staying with Selene.

"Fix your face. I'll see you in a few days."

"Leave me alone." Nyla mumbles, wiping her eyes before telling Alexa to Session 32 by Summer Walker.

She started with cleaning her house, seeing that she hadn't been here for a few months.

After hours of cleaning, showering, and getting used to being back home, Nyla crawled into her bed, her bag of Wingstop in her hands.

Grabbing her remote, she searches through Netflix and settles with Glass Onion.

Nyla frowns as she stares at her reflection while brushing her teeth. She got no sleep last night. She spent all night tossing and turning in bed. She blames Selene. Nyla had gotten used to being held and cuddled in bed by Selene to where she couldn't fall asleep without her.

In the midsts of washing her face, her phone rang. She rolled her eyes, knowing whoever was calling her had to call her twice because she had her phone on DND ever since she got back.

She grabbed the phone and holds back a smile when she sees that it's Selene calling. She answers and props the phone up so that she could finish her skin care.

A couple seconds later, Selene pops up into the camera, looking just like she did. Tired.

"Why do you look so tired?" Nyla asks, trying to play it off as if she didn't look the same moments ago

Selene shrugs. Like Nyla, she was missing the woman. She missed being in her presence, but she knew it was for the best. She wanted to start the over and do things the right way and not how others told her she should.

"I miss you." Selene spoke truthfully.

Nyla can no longer fight the smile that graces her lips as she moves out of the camera.

"You're a simp."

Selene laughs.

"For you, I'll be that. What you doing today?"

"I don't know. I might go see my mom and dad." Nyla tells her, knowing they were probably looking for her.

"What about you?"

Hearing that question, Selene's mood instantly changes.

"I have to talk with my dad and mom about the ceremony. They want me to try on suits, crowns, jewelry and do a lot of other shit." Selene grumbles.

"Why you sound like you don't want to do it?" Asks Nyla. Just a few weeks ago, she seemed so keen on getting Nyla on board with everything.

"I don't. I don't want to take my dad's spot. I don't want to have so much responsibility on me for so long. Like who knows if I'll have kids to take over for me? Do you even want kids? Even if we were to have kids, I wouldn't want them doing this shit for the rest of their life, I don't even want to do it. Being in such a high position comes with so much. You got way more motherfuckas trying to come after you and kill you. People depending on..."

Nyla sits quietly on her sofa listening to Selene vent, knowing she had probably been holding this in for so long. A few more minutes have gone by before Selene finishes.

"It's ok to feel like that. Maybe while you're talking with your parents, tell them how you feel. I think they'll get where you're coming from, especially Than. I'm sure he went through the same thing when it was his turn to take over for his father." Nyla tells her.

Selene let out a deep breath, nodding in agreement.

"Thank you. I'll come see you tomorrow. I want to take you out."

"Take me out where?" Nyla asks. No one had ever taken her out. It was always the other way around.

"Don't worry about it, just dress comfortable and don't wear them damn crocs."

Before Nyla could say anything, Selene had already hung up.

"She got one more time to hang up on me before I shove my leg up her ass." Nyla mumbles to herself as she finished getting dressed.

" Nyla mumbles to herself as she finished getting dressed

another update coming soon.