SNEAK A PEEK

"..Okay..."

There are times in my life when I think my answer to a particular insight that people have been expecting from me might disappoint them.

For instance, now.

"Okay? Mi hi if you feel that you are being forced into this...tell me. Immediately."

And also the part where I think my big brother babies me a lot has to do a thing or two with the fact that I maybe underestimated in the region of maturity.

"Oppa..." My whines must have an anecdote because of which he smiles everytime I do it. It doesn't matter though. I get away with anything that I want.

"Jeon Mi hi." His voice lowered down an octave as he pierced his eyes into my being with his dark brown orbs.

"Yes?" I could just roll my eyes at him.

Who would take him seriously if he was going to show his dimples while pressing on me to reject dad's proposal.

"You know how dad is." He began coming over the table to hold my hands as he spoke with conviction.

"He wants you to marry him because of a—"

"An alliance." I answered and smiled at him.

His eyes widened but the grip of his hands never loosened. They just became tighter.

"I know. At least it's not a contract marriage." I muttered under my breath looking over the rim of my tea cup to glance at my big brother who sighed in agony.

"Mi hi..."

"Oppa. There is nothing wrong for me to try. I am twenty eight years old. And I have zero experience in relationships. I think it's high time I know the reality of life."

Funny, how I had been mentally denying the same statement when my mum dictated it.

"Did mum say that all to you?" His eyes squinting at me, my big brother looked at me questioningly.

"No."

Yes.

"You don't even know him!" He exclaimed.

"Mum and dad didn't know each other before getting married. Look at them now. They are so happy together." I said making him sigh again. I wonder how many times he had sighed just through our conversation.

"Because they were lucky."

"What makes you think I will not be?" I asked back softly.

Honestly, I have been thinking about it too. I know nothing about the man that my parents want me to meet in the terms of marriage. I know that he is thirty two and is the president of the company that he had been handling for four years now. He is immaculate in business and strategic in his art of war that makes him so desirable.

And he is handsome too.

Yeah. That's what I have been told and I might have gathered the rest of the bits about the mystery man through my mother's conversation with daddy.

"I am not trying to pull you back from something beautiful in life, Mi hi." He sighed again.

"Why are you so angsty over it? It's not like I have some boyfriend or lover waiting for me. I am single. And quite literally I am excited where this would go." I said making him chuckle before he closed his eyes and leaned back on the chair.

"He asked for your hand in marriage."

"Hmm—"

Wait, what?

He asked for my—

"Who..." my eyes widening with realisation.

"The man who dad and mom are arranging you with," he prodded at me, "he asked for your hand in marriage."

"But...but I have never met him." My muttering was lost on me.

I have no idea what this means. I don't remember meeting this supposed guy in any evening parties, not like I went to many. This stranger that I have no idea who he is and what he does comes and asks for my hand in marriage.

Maybe he is a—

"Do you think he is a fan?"

Before my mind could come about in a conclusion, my brother had it all for me.

"You think he reads my work?" I asked back a question to which I received few indecipherable nods.

"Who knows? Maybe he had read your books and was smitten over you." He smirked.

Wasn't this the same man who was trying to rule me out of this a few seconds ago?

"Mother was saying that he wants to meet me next week." I said, still in a daze of how my mum had so plainly missed out on this important fact all together while lecturing me about my non existent dating life.

"Meet him, question him. Clear all your doubts about that man and then," he pointed his finger at me, "and only then, talk in agreement of this matter. Otherwise you know..." he muttered clenching his fists, "I will kick his ass."

"Thank you." I smiled making him smile back as he nodded at me.

Looks like...I am in for a ride.

A long on

•