3.11 ∣ a bittersweet reunion

Her body froze as she gazed at him. His shoulders were laden with filthy, matted hair. He looks like a corpse with his skin. "Sirius..." she whispered, looking at her brother who was looking at her as her voice broke with every letter.

This was what she wanted since her mother brought up her forbidden brother. Ever since she found out, he left Regulus, ever since everything. "Y/n..." Sirius quickly said, moving his attention to Harry and noticing the girl in the room. 

Everyone was paying attention to the tension between Y/n and Sirius. She rushed forward before grabbing the man and slamming him against the wall. "You left him..." she muttered, digging her wand into his neck. 

"He was an idiot..." 

Her wand sank deeper into his neck, "Watch it, Sirius," she said through her teeth, "you're the one who ran away and ended up locked up in Azkaban...".

"He got himself killed" 

She dug deeper with her wand as tears formed in her eyes. "Sirius, shut up...shut up..." she said, with tears streaming down her cheeks. 

"You're just like him, Y/n," Sirius replied. "You believe everything that woman says and never wish to know the truth."."

"Shut up!"  

"Expelliarmus...." Someone said, 

"Professor Lupin!" 

Y/n's head turned around looking at the professor, while she didn't have a wand in her hand. She got up wiping her tears and standing with Theo and Grace. "Looking a bit ragged, aren't we, Sirius? Finally, the skin reflects the madness within." Lupin said. 

"Wouldn't you know all about the madness within, Remus?" 

His voice died in his throat when he saw what he saw. Lupin lowered his wand, gazing fixedly at Black. He reached out to Black's side, grabbed his hand, and embraced him. 

Sirius was the last person Y/n wanted to be around.  "I can't believe it!" Hermione screamed, causing everyone to turn to her.

Lupin let go of Black and turned to face her. Wild-eyed, she lifted herself off the floor and pointed at Lupin. "You—you—you"

"Hermione —"

"-both of you!"

"Calm down, Hermione."

"I didn't tell anyone!" Hermione screamed. "I've been hiding it!...".

Lupin shouted, "Hermione, listen to me!... Let me explain..."

Hermione shrieked, "I didn't tell anyone!... I have been covering up for you -"

Lupin shouted, "Hermione, listen to me!...can explain this -"

A voice trembling, reckless, he shouted to Lupin, "I trusted you, and you were his friend for all that time!"

"You're wrong," Lupin said. "I was not Sirius's friend, but I am now - let me explain."

"NO!" screamed Hermione. "Don't be fooled by him, he's helped Black get in the castle, he wants you killed too - he's a werewolf!" She declared.

A ringing silence followed. All eyes were on Lupin, who looked remarkably calm, albeit a little pale. Y/n glared sternly at Hermione.  "Not at all up to your usual standard, Hermione," he said. "Only one out of three, I'm afraid. I haven't been helping Sirius get into the castle and I don't want Harry dead either." His face was shivering as he spoke. "I won't deny that I am a werewolf, though."

Despite Ron's best efforts, he fell back with a whimper of pain. Lupin approached Ron, looking concerned, but Ron gasped, "Get away from me!"

"Shut it, Weasley," Y/n and Sirius said in unison coming to Lupin's defence.