4.9 ∣ rita skeeter

The following morning, Y/n awoke around six in the morning as usual. Her mind was filled with memories of the previous night. Her curtain from her poster bed was drawn and she stepped out to observe the other girls sleeping. A lace knot front cami green dress was put on by Y/N, along with a black leather jacket and black combat boots. She let her hair hang down before fixing her jacket and shaking Grace, who was snoring. "Gray..." she said shaking the girl, who groaned. "You went to sleep before me come on..." 

"I'm up," Grace said, moving the pillow away from her face. "How are you already dressed?" 

"Because I get up so early, come on..." Y/n continued, which caused the girl who was lying in bed to nod. She entered the common room after descending the spiral staircase and saw Theo sitting on the couch awaiting the two girls. "Morning, Theo" She greeted with a small smile on her face. He seemed off before he turned to her with a nod. 

The boy wore a regular black outfit, with his Slytherin scarf. "Goodmorning, Y/n," He said, while she walked over sitting on the other black couch across from him. There was no one in the common room, except for some who were already in the great hall and others who were still asleep. "I heard that Rita Skeeter would be around today due to the championships..." 

Y/N shook her head, Rita Skeeter was the editor of the daily prophet and one of the most annoying people she had ever encountered, especially if Pansy and Draco were involved. During her first year at Hogwarts, Rita snuck into the school and reported every move that the girls made. It was as if she had no privacy when she was around Rita. "Great, Wonderful" She sighed, knowing she shouldn't be sneaking around now that she was allowed in Hogwarts. 

"Do you think, Potter, put his name in the goblet?" Theo asked, looking over to her while she shook her head but then quickly shrugged covering up the fact that he got to explain himself to her the other night. When she recalled the warm sensation of his hand touching hers, she became very flustered very quickly. 

In a few minutes, Grace walked down the stairs wearing a blue cloud cropped long sleeve shirt paired with a white skirt and baby blue shoes. Having made their way down to the Great Hall, the three Slytherins sat down at the half-empty table and began to plate their breakfast. "Dumbledore did not seem too happy with Potter's entry," Grace murmured, looking over to the place where he would normally sit in the morning. However, not everyone had yet entered the Great Hall. 

"Nobody did..." Y/n mentioned, looking away from the spot and fixing her posture. "Especially not Draco; the whole way back to the common room, I had to listen to his complaints...I still have a bet with him." 

"What bet?" Theo asked, "And I thought you were stopping? After the prediction."

"I made a bet with Draco, saying that Potter or Beauxbaton would win, the first task" Y/n explained looking over at the boy with an eyeroll. "And I swear if I lose 20 galleons, I will start a revelation...and Grace will be my sidekick..." 

The clapping caused the Slytherins to turn and look at Harry who was walking in. Y/n could tell that people regarded Harry as a hero for participating in the tournament, and he did not want to be associated with it. She watched as he walked over to Hermione said something before the two walked out. "He seems pleased..." Grace joked causing Y/n to nod. 

"I bet he's splendidly happy..." She laughed jokingly. 

"I do not believe he put it in...." Theo spoke to the girls as she entered the great hall. "It looked even more surprised than Dumbledore, I believe..." Y/n hummed not wanting to say anything else for fear that she might make a mistake when she meets Harry up in the middle of the night. 

"Weasley seems unhappy," Grace continued looking at the Gryffindor table where Theo and Y/N watched him. Ron was sitting with Seamus and Dean and didn't seem to be interested in Harry. Furrowing her eyebrows, she contemplated bringing it up to the boy, the next time they meet.