Six - Coffee and Dinner

Surprise filler chapter for our birthday girl! Happy birthday to the most beautiful woman in yuri history!

Mei's POV

"Are you listening to a word I'm saying?" Himeko's shrilly voice cut through my reverie. I looked up from where I was sipping my coffee, across my office desk to look at her. She's raising an eyebrow as she sets her coffee down.

"What? Yeah... course," I answered hastily that made her eyebrow rise higher.

"What did I say then?"

"Huh?"

"You heard me Mei, what did I just say?"

Carefully, I sip on my coffee, raking my head on what might have Himeko was talking about before I got lost in my own thoughts. "Uhm. Christ the Redeemer, right. You're talking about how great Christ the Redeemer was," snapping my fingers. 

The way Himeko rolled her eyes and scoffed, I knew I got the wrong answer.

"Not even the same city. I was talking about Sau Paulo, not Rio. Christ the Redeemer was five minutes ago Meimei," she said exhaustedly. She doesn't seem to be offended that I was being a horrible friend at the moment because she didn't say anything else.

"Oh. It's not my fault Brazilian cities sound the same for me," I defended, although both of us know I can name all the major cities in South America. "Sorry Hime. Go on talk, I promise I'll listen this time."

Himeko and Suzuran are back from their honeymoon in Brazil three days ago, and Himeko's gone back to the office today. She's still on her post-honeymoon high and she's smiling broadly the whole day, which is quite peculiar if this was an ordinary day. Because Himeko doesn't smile with her teeth showing, she just smirks knowingly around, like she knows every secret you have. Now we're back to our tradition of getting coffee together, this time whilst she talks about the places she and Suzuran had been to.

Although I wasn't listening a hundred percent because I keep thinking about the texts Yuzu's been sending me since we had lunch five days ago. Well, it's safe to say that her texts reduced me to a sappy fool in less than a week. She keeps sending silly jokes and puns and sweet little messages I find cute and adorable altogether. She didn't come back after our lunch at Ricky's because she was having photoshoots all around town. Fuck, I want to see her again. Five days is for far too long not seeing that vibrant green eyes and that look of mischief on her face.

She also kept on checking that my decision to go on a date with her is still intact. I find it charming that she seems as eager as I when it comes to our date.

I leaned back on my chair, sipping at my coffee waiting for Himeko to talk again but she didn't. She leaned back on her chair too and stared at me, smirking knowingly. Her look unnerves me, just as every time I'm under her stare. It's like I'm under a microscope, getting scrutinized closely by a scientist hoping for some discovery to take place. "That's okay Mei; I know who you're thinking about."

"What?"

"Not what, who."

"Who?" I said, feigning innocence. Oh shit, she knows. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"You're never good at playing dumb." I opened my mouth as if in protest, complain that I'm good at playing dumb sometimes but I decided against it because I figured it's a compliment, coming from Himeko. And taking pride in being good at playing dumb doesn't seem quite right.

"Well then, who am I thinking about?" I challenged.

"Oh let me see. Medium height, green eyes, on Ryuu's words 'smoking hot', Norman's words 'exceptionally talented', blonde-haired girl with a camera. Ring any bells?"