Seventeen - Mei's Room

Yuzu's POV

I think I might've inhale you

I could feel you behind my eyes

You gotten into my bloodstream

I could feel you floating in me

I'm sipping coffee with Alycia in their kitchen when Mei and Sho came back from Sho's office. I smile immediately seeing her again but my face fell a bit at the expression on her face. She sees me and smiles, taking a seat next to me on the stool while Sho rounds up the table and stood beside Alycia.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked her worriedly. There seems to be something off with her, I'm not sure.

Mei smiles and nods her head. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"What did you guys do?" Alycia asked curiously at them.

Mei opens her mouth a couple of times before she speaks. "Work stuff Mom, what else would it be?"

"Oh," Alycia says, taking a sip of her coffee.

"We didn't want to bore you so we took it in my office. We don't want boring Yuzu now, right Mei?" Sho winks at me.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Mei said dismissively.

"Mei, why don't you tour Yuzu to the rest of the house?" Alycia says and I smile. Mei looks at me and asks me if I want to with her eyebrows raised. I nodded and she took my hand then and takes me to the rest of their house.

The Aihara house is big, big compares to the house I grew up in at least. In my parents' house, we're all cluttered, everything mixes up with everything. We always find our stuff in the whole mess though and seem to function just fine. We were a happy mess I guess. At least before my mom went full-on homophobic.

In Mei's house, everything's in order, no misplaced furniture or anything like that. I like it though, the atmosphere. It's a place I could imagine Mei growing into. It makes me miss my parent's house a bit; the clutter, the noises in the morning, Sakura talking shit all the time, and even Yugo and I's competitive nature.

"You okay Zu?" Mei asks as she closes the door to their library. "You turned quiet all of a sudden."

"Yeah, I guess seeing your house makes me miss mine. My parents' house I mean." I push the hair off my face and smile sadly.

Mei's features turn soft and she opens her arms for me. I walked into them and she envelops me in a hug.

"Thanks," I whisper into her ear as we stand there not moving.

"Not a problem, it's my duty to make you feel better," she says cheekily. I hold on to Mei for a little longer before I pull away. I placed my arms around her neck and press a kiss on her lips.

"Is it okay that we're making out on your parents' hallway?" I grinned.

"Not a problem," she grins back, pulling me to another kiss. "Come on I'll show you my room," she says when we broke away again.

Mei's room is at the end of the hallway. She opens it and lets me in, opening the lights as she closes the door behind her.

"Mom keeps it as it was when I left."

I looked around, her room has wood paneling. It's quite big and it has its own bathroom. The whole left side of the room's a bookshelf full of books. I walk over and scan what the teenage Mei could have been reading. The left side of the shelves was filled with Sherlock novels, quite a collection of Stephen King and Shakespeare books too, and loads of poem compilations. I grinned when I saw at the topmost part the complete box set of the Harry Potter books.