Ten - Love In This Club

Welp, I'll be changing Ryuu's surname. The lovable oaf is now named Ryuu Mizusawa. (Matsuri's male version ofc 😗👀)

Mei's POV

I know I was running late as I slammed the door of my car and walked briskly into the glass building of our office. The rest of the staff's already in the newsroom when I got there. 

Great, just like what I fucking want: draw attention to myself. 

I pulled on my top a little higher by the collar, a vain attempt to cover up the red spot on my neck before marching in the newsroom, and sat on my usual spot as naturally as a late Mei Aihara could. I grumble an apology and focused myself on listening to Norman who's currently talking.

They looked weirdly at me for a moment and I thought it's the hickey but I guess they're not used to me getting late. I barely get late. When I could properly breathe again thinking I got away with it, I caught Himeko's smirk across the table.

Well, fuck.

She kept on smirking the whole time and it unnerved the fuck out of me.

"Had a good night?" she asked me once the meeting ended.

"Sure," I told her, non-committal. "It was alright."

"Sweet," she smirked. "Catch me up later."

I look at Himeko as she returned to her cubicle and smiled. She's been a lot happier this past week and I got to thank Suzuran for putting a smile on my best friend's lips.

I busied myself the whole morning, editing, reading news off the internet, and staring at my phone waiting for Yuzu's call. Well, she told me she'd call me later, I'm just curious at what time she plans to. I debated whether to call her instead. But what would I say? I have no fucking clue. All I know is I want to hear her voice again.

I was in my office typing away on my laptop when Yuzu finally called around lunchtime.

I snatched the phone off the table that I almost sent it flying away. I mentally scold myself.

Smooth Mei, just smooth. 

"Hello?" I answered, saving my work and closing the laptop.

"Hey." Her voice got me melting into a puddle. "How's work?"

"Minimal jeering."

She laughed. "Hey listen, my friend and I are going clubbing tonight and I was wondering if you'd like to come with us?"

Friend, Huh? "Will your friend be alright with it?"

"Yeah! She actually wanted to meet you."

"Why is that?"

"Well, let's just say I can't stop talking about you when she came over this afternoon."

My mind processed what she said. All jealousy down the drain, Yuzu just admitted that she couldn't stop talking about me.

"Sure, I have no plans for tonight anyway. I'd love to meet your friend."

"So that's a yes?" I could feel her excitement through the line.

"Yes."

"Great!" she exclaimed. "Oh, Mei?"

"Yeah?"

"I actually told my friend I'd set her up with Ryuu, you don't think he'd mind coming along?"

"I don't think he'll mind, I actually think he's going to be pleased. I'll tell him later, yeah?"