Chapter 3: The Lyra Constellation

(Ninjas POV)

Grunts and thuds filled the air of the Bounty's deck due to the ninjas sparring against each other for their daily training.

Master Wu and Misako were studying the scrolls to figure out the missing details and concoct a plan to find the master of music.

"Take this!" Cole shouted before he leaped into the air, ready to strike Zane with his giant hammer.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH" a very elongated yell sliced through the air and made Cole lose his focus.

"Woah!" he yelped and let out a groan once he hit the floor with a heavy thud. "Wha—"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Everyone looked around for the source of the yelling in confusion.

"Isn't that...?" Jay started.

"Nya?" Kai finished the question.

He definitely knew it was his sister.

But why was she yelling like her life depended on it?

The girl in question finally made her appearance by leaping over onto the deck and she looked like she was about to explode into happiness with the extreme glee on her face.

"It's out! It's out! It's finally out!" she chanted in a shrill voice, holding something up in the air with both arms while running around the deck.

"What is out, Nya?" Zane asked the excited girl.

"The new City of Sirens album! And I got the very first batch of them!" she squealed, holding out the album to show the boys.

The album was a jewel CD case and the cover was burgundy red with a white outline in the shape of what looked like a necktie.

Colorful flowers sprouted from within the outline and broke over the borders, as if the flowers were growing out of the necktie.

"Is that why you wanted to take a stop in the city?" Lloyd asked while he sheathed his sword.

"Yes! I needed to get an album from the first batch because it holds a ticket to their concert inside and obviously I need to go! They give out only 50 tickets!" Nya exclaimed, holding the album close to her chest and staring into the distance with a starry look.

The boys looked at each other in confusion and Kai and Lloyd shrugged.

They really didn't understand the whole hype.

"So, uh, what's City of Sirens?" Jay asked.

Nya gasped dramatically. "Only the best band in all of Ninjago! They became a band three years ago and was started by the leader (y/n) and her best friend of seven years who's the bassist and they recruited the keyboardist and drummer to form a four-member band," she spoke so rapidly the boys had trouble comprehending everything she was saying.

"So—" Cole tried to interrupt, but was cut off.

"Their songs are amazing and range from meaningful to heartbreaking to headbangers," Nya continued. "They have it all!"

"Since when were you into bands?" Kai furrowed his brows, trying to think of the times his sister has ever brought up City of Sirens or just music in general.

Nya looked at him as if he grew three heads. "Since City of Sirens released their first album, duh!"

She had stumbled upon them when she was trying to find a new hobby to pursue and got hooked from the moment she heard a song.

She really needed a hobby outside of all the ninja stuff and City of Sirens did the job.

"Well they seem pretty cool, Nya," Lloyd spoke up.