Chapter 4: Getting Nowhere

(Ninjas POV)

"I..." Nya was absolutely speechless.

The band she had been obsessed with for three years...and just now she was finding out that one of the members might be the master of music?

The band logo did have the shape of the lyra constellation and now that Nya thought about it, the newest album did have a cover with it too.

She smacked her forehead at how the constellation was right in front of her eyes and she even made sure to commit it to memory, yet she completely looked past it.

"Alright, so let's go in and see for ourselves," Kai declared with a determined expression. "Master Wu said we would feel something if we heard them sing, right?"

Zane nodded. "Their power is supposed to influence us in some way."

"Let's try to be inconspicuous about why we're here," Lloyd said. "We'll go through the front door."

"We can't go through the front door! We don't have tickets!" Nya refuted, but it was too late because Kai already jumped off the roof and landed on the ground.

The rest of the ninjas followed Kai's lead and strode over to the entrance where a security guard was blocking the door.

On the side of the door was a mob of fans yelling and bargaining with the guard to let them inside.

"That guy looks quite...burly," Jay said timidly once he got a glance at the security guard.

"Just follow my lead," Cole said, sauntering up to the guard with faux confidence oozing out of him.

"Excuse me, mister security guard," Cole started. "We got some important ninja business to check out, so we'll just be making our way in."

The guard looked very unamused if his deadpan expression was anything to go by.

He looked at the rest of the ninjas and asked, "You guys got tickets?"

"Uh, well no, but we're the ninja!" Kai attempted. "You know, the ones who save the city like everyday?"

The guard's expression did not change. "If you don't have tickets, you're not getting in."

"But—" Cole began, but immediately shut up when the man crossed his arms and flexed his very large and intimidating biceps. "Okay sorry," Cole squeaked.

Nya placed her hands on her hips in a 'I told you' way when the two boys came back in defeat.

"We'll get in through the back door then," Lloyd stated the new plan.

The six of them pulled on their hoods and did what they did best: blend into the shadows.

They snuck into the dark alley and speedily crept to the back of the building with light footsteps.

Once they located the door, Lloyd gave the handle a careful tug.

Surprisingly, it was unlocked.

The door swung open and closed quietly once the ninjas entered.

After going through the maze of various equipment and large boxes of supplies, they found themselves in the main floor, but music was no longer playing.

They jogged along a wall to a shadowed corner and pulled off their hoods.

"Aw man, we're too late!" Jay said. "I think the performance is over."

"Now what?" Kai asked Lloyd.

"We can't let this opportunity go to waste," Lloyd's eyes met with his friends. "Cole, Kai, and Jay, you guys go ask around to learn more about the band. See if there's a pattern with how they felt during the concert. Nya and Zane, you're with me to talk to the band."