Chapter 7: Revealed

(Y/N POV)

You often found yourself leaning against the railing on the deck to oversee the view below.

Something about the wind washing over you and change of scenery felt comforting in a way that you couldn't describe.

Well, you could just chalk it up to being on a massive flying ship that was vastly different from your usual lifestyle.

Earlier, Misako had claimed that a certain library may have information on the Underworld gates, so you were currently headed there.

You had no idea what kind of library you were heading to since there were just a bunch of rocky mountains surrounding you.

Who builds a library in the mountains anyway?

"Are we there yet?" Jay complained from the ground.

He was laying down with his limbs outstretched like a starfish out on the deck.

"We're nearly there," Pixal answered. "We just need to pass—"

The ship suddenly lurched to the side, causing everyone to lose their balance.

"Woah!" Nya stumbled, tripping over her feet and dropping the barrel she was carrying.

You steadied yourself by gripping the rail tightly.

"Pix, what happened?" Kai lifted his face from the ground.

"I am detecting several large flying creatures coming our way," Pixal said, one hand flying over the controls as the other kept the steering wheel steady.

"What?!" Cole exclaimed.

"What kind of creatures?" Zane asked urgently, readying his shurikens.

A screech pierced the air and the sound of flapping wings was heard before you saw the creatures.

"What..." you whispered to yourself.

Another screech resounded just as a beast dived across the deck, its wings colliding with the posts.

Those of you on the deck ducked just in time before your heads were taken off.

"Will somebody tell me what the heck that is?!" Jay screamed and pointed at the creatures surrounding the ship.

You briefly considered jumping off the ship once you got a look at the attackers.

The monsters were really fucking big.

The bodies looked like extra large pterodactyls except that their heads were...shark heads?

A sharkdactyl?

"Whatever they are, we need to get out of here!" Nya shouted.

One of the sharkdactyls charged into the body of the ship and this time you fell hard to the ground.

With a grunt, you pushed yourself up to your feet and looked around for a weapon.

To your right, a spear was laying on top of a crate so you quickly snatched it up and with all the strength you had, you threw it at the nearest creature.

The spear bounced right off like nothing happened.

Seriously?

Lloyd ran up the deck, a green ball of energy forming between his hands.

He released the energy at the sharkdactyl in the front, but the impact didn't do much to the creature.

Instead, it only seemed to anger it even more, judging by the way it screeched again.