chapter 14🥀

لِّلرِّجَالِ نَصِيبٌ مِّمَّا تَرَكَ الْوٰلِدَانِ وَالْأَقْرَبُونَ وَلِلنِّسَآءِ نَصِيبٌ مِّمَّا تَرَكَ الْوٰلِدَانِ وَالْأَقْرَبُونَ مِمَّا قَلَّ مِنْهُ أَوْ كَثُرَ  ۚ نَصِيبًا مَّفْرُوضًا
"For men is a share of what the parents and close relatives leave, and for women is a share of what the parents and close relatives leave, be it little or much - an obligatory share."

Fatima was the one who answered the door so I mumured "salamu alaikum" but didn't enter because she stood there looking at me up and down and so I decided to break the silence and awkwardly say.

"Fatima won't you let me in? Why are you staring at me like you've seen a masquerade?" Before she answered me, I walk passed her and entered inside but in return she banged the door and left me standing in the sitting room.

After she went in mama came out and with a wide smile on her face and said "nifa nace naji murya kamar ta haidar." I bowed down and greeted her while scratching my head and she answered with politely. And then she called out "aneesa..! aneesa..!! Bring haidar some refreshments"

I answered and went directly to the kitchen and bring what she asked for. While I am about to put down the tray, our eyes met and I quickly took off my eyes and stood up while my heart start beating and I muttered "dan iska kawai" in my mind. I hissed and started walking when I heard him asked "fatima where are the twins?"

I turned around and eyed him then said "haidar you won't see them" he abruptly stood up and out of nowhere held my hand as thight as possible "where are they?" He asked authoritatively but I responded to him with a painful scream because of how painful his hold was. "Pls haidar kabarmin hanuna" I begged. "no I won't" he responded.

Mama's voice came to my rescue because he let go of my hand as he sighted her. She was walking towards us along with the twins and that was a relief because he wouldn't have let my hand go. Mama came over to us and handed over the twins to haidar. He thanked her after collecting them and she smiled at him in return and left.

He stared at them for some minutes and I'm very sure he saw their resemblance. They are fair just like him and not to talk of their eyes. I didn't let the staring secession last before I snatched them away from him "bani yarana" and walked away leaving him stunned and speechless.

He called out to me which was clearly useless because I didn't for one second responded. The way he was calling me made mama came rushing out, she told him that I'm still furious so he replied with a simple okay and said "sai anjima" to mama and left.

Haidar's p.o.v

I entered the car and uttered "my love.." and she hissed "my love and affection is still not expired" then she laugh and said "it will not expire forever, now let's go and get some foodstuffs for you."

I drove the car out of the house and we went and bought some foodstuffs then daddy called me via my phone. I picked the call and get started to speak when I heard him saying "kaje kasiyowa 'ya'yan Fatima kaya." He cut the call without waiting for my response. I hissed and drop the phone "meyafaru?" She asked "dad said that I should go and buy clothes for fatima's babies."

I ordered clothes like: cap, shirt, trousers, shorts, socks, shoes and towel. After that I gave fatima's number to the delivery man so that if the order arrived they can call her.

Fatima's p.o.v

The door was knocked and I opened the door. I saw a very tall man with big rounded cheeks like bread with sideburn and beard with mark and scars on his face. He is very thin like a skeleton I cut off the silence and ask "pls where are you from?" "I am from kiddie's closet and more some one ordered this clothes and gave me your number." "so who is the person?" I asked curiously. "Aliyu haidar isiyaku and said I should bring it to you" he answered. "Why me? Get it back to him I will not collect it.