𝑴𝒓. 𝑩𝒓𝒆𝒌𝒌𝒆𝒓

My hands glide over each of the ten daggers, that cover my body. I smile as I glance in the mirror. Dark powder covers my golden eyes. My dark hair is pulled back into a loose braid that travels from my brows to my mid-back. A mischievous grin plays over my lips as I take a deep breath. Another day another deal, Blade. The dark fabric hugs my body, accentuating my curves. Patterns have been cut in the fabric down my back and at my waist to reveal swirling black ink etched on my skin. I secure a corner of crimson silk onto my right shoulder and smile as the fabric hangs down like a cape.

I spin on my heel and continue down the hallway. My bedroom is at the far end of the building on the second floor. Eight other rooms accompany mine along the corridor walls. Six are for paying guests and the other two are my business office and personal office. Today I will be using my personal office. Kaz Brekker is an old friend and so is his wraith.

The man quickly strides into the doorway with his crow cane in hand. Dark layers of clothing hide his figure and I notice a fuzzy hood behind him today. I flash a playful grin in his direction. I stand from my seat and gesture for him to sit.

"Get all fancy for me today, Mr. Brekker?" I ask with a light laugh.

"What information do you have on Jurda Parem?" Kaz asks with interest.

"Jurda Parem is a skill-enhancing drug used on Grisha. Created by a Shu scientist by the name of Bo YulBayur. It is also an extremely addictive drug."

Kaz hums as he processes the information. I fold my hands in front of me and Lean forward. I watch as the gears in his head turn, storing and bringing out information and tactics. His mouth slightly curls and his brows bunch. Now I see why his group calls it his 'scheming face'.

"Pay up, bastard," I order, repositioning my leg atop the other.

"Thank you, Blade." Kaz hands me a pouch full of kruge. I greedily snatch the pouch from the desk and count.

"Exact amount, as usual." I glance up and notice him looking down upon me. I stand and brace my weight on the desk with my hands. "Why do you want to know about Jurda Parem?" I hand him back a few kruge and he grins.

"Just a little heist, nothing special." I give him a grin as I urge him to continue. "My crew is breaking into the Ice Court."

"Ah, exciting." I smile and hand him back a few more kruge. "I'll be sure to put bastard on your gravestone, Brekker."

"I don't plan on dying any time soon, Blade."

"No one ever does." I tuck the remaining kruge into a locked drawer.

"You know it's a bad idea to put your money where your clients can see?" Kaz asks me, standing now.

"This is my office Brekker. I put my money where I damn well please."  A snicker escapes his mouth.

"The deal is the deal, Blade." I turn and see his gloved hand sticking out to me.

"The deal is the deal," I say, firmly grasping his hand for a quick shake. I see him suppress a thread of tremors that run through his body as I quickly release his hand. 

"Ah, before I go. What do you know about Hellgate prison."

"It's a prison such as any other. Laid out with the utmost security, they think that's enough. Your Grisha friend's lover boy will be fighting tomorrow night. You can break him out then." I hold out my hand and Kaz reluctantly places the kruge he took back into my hands with a sigh. "Such sweet sorrow. Two lovers separated."

"I don't know if you could call them lovers anymore." Kaz raises a brow.

"I was referring to you and your kruge, but yes the heartrender and the Fyerdan could also apply." I smile and Kaz tips his hat before exiting my office.

Before heading back to my room I grab the Kruge from the drawer. Although I consider him a business friend, I do not trust the man one bit.

Word Count: 700

AN

Hello readers, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if there are any suggestions to improve, please let me know. Please comment and Vote, I love seeing the support and It always gets me motivated to write and revise.