1

Inside a spacious living room, Taehyung sat nested within a sofa as he read through some files containing programming data. He was currently a college junior,  who in his spare time, took on small programming projects to earn a little extra cash. Even though there were scholarships available, he wanted to put aside a small sum of money which would later be sent to his Grandpa.

This time around, the project he was working on was a foreign trade website. It was a new site, though it was previously designed by someone else, and sadly it still had various aspects of its functionality left incomplete. These unfinished portions were what Taehyung was now applying fixes to.

With both legs crossed he sat, computer in his lap, fingers pounding away at the keyboard. Due to his slightly long bangs, which often obstructed his vision, a long paper binder was taken from the printed data files he had to clamp the stray hairs up.

When writing code, Taehyung was completely obsessed. He was so absorbed while doing this task that he didn't even notice when someone opened the door and entered the room.

Jeon Jungkook returned to witness such a sight. The soft light struck the side of Taehyung's face, causing his entire body to radiate a gentle air, very much unlike the cold and obstinate figure he was during their past confrontations. That hair clip he wore also did its part to add a hint of childishness to his mien.

Because of this Taehyung, Jungkook did not need to lighten his movements as the other was still unaware of his return. In fact, his head, just as it had before, was still focused on his own affairs.

The sound of light strokes tapping on the keyboard, echoed throughout the living room as Taehyung's hands kept beating away. It was not until Jungkook began walking towards him, did he finally showed a response.

Taehyung's fingers paused abruptly. He then lifted his head to see the man, who had by then already walked towards him, currently beside him. This other person wore a white shirt along with a slightly loosened tie, lacking all of the rigour he had during their first meeting. Now only that handsome and--judging by its lack of excess emotion--quite serious face simply looking down at him.

Taehyung's eyebrows creased, the subtle act creating a barely visible wrinkle. Having Jungkook, who had not been seen for two consecutive weeks, allowed him to relax to the extent of forgetting his current predicament. The absence also allowed him to thoroughly neglect that his current residence was not his own, but was instead the apartment of the one now before his eyes called, Jeon Jungkook.

And that he, Kim Taehyung, was this man's 'Contract Wife'.

Honestly speaking, if he could, he truly would rather not use those words.

Although Taehyung's movements were quite subtle, without the cover of his bangs, Jungkook's eyes set themselves squarely on his face, making it very easy for that other man to catch sight of his frown.

That man's cold, hardened features crinkled as well. From this situation was it was clear that Taehyung just did not expect him to return on this day at all? Obviously, he was told before the business trip the date of Jungkook's return. After all, the time apart was given to let him properly organize his feelings, along with granting both parties the opportunity to adapt to this new relationship.

Or could it simply be that Taehyung--from the beginning-- completely, already forgot about Jungkook existence.

Ha ha!

Adapt to that demon.

Two people, one standing, one sitting, neither saying a word to one another. Even the sound of the keyboard disappeared after a while. The atmosphere appeared to have become somewhat awkward.

Face-to-face meetings like these were always silent. The condescending attitude worn by the other person made Taehyung a little uneasy. After a long pause Taehyung, though rather hesitantly, began to speak, "You...came back."

Saying that sentence at that moment, he then looked to the other person whose eyes flashed with ridicule. The look conveyed, just as a bullet screen would, the message "If I'm not back, what do you think you're seeing--a ghost?"

[T/n: a Bullet screen shows comments posted in real-time on videos. Or just picture his look and the picture as a meme.]

Taehyung began to sweat.

A few seconds later, Jungkook coldly responded, "Yeah."

......How time goes by so quickly.

Taehyung groaned internally, passing the time with a sigh. When Jungkook saw that Taehyung was finished asking questions he was left a bit speechless. Then with displeasure evident in his voice, he asked, "It doesn't look like you wanted me to come back, doesn't it?"

That was true......

"No," Taehyung whispered before he saw the clock hanging on the wall showed it was past nine o'clock in the evening. It also dawned on him that Jungkook's return from the airport must have taken at least an hour so feeling that Jungkook probably hadn't eaten as yet he asked, "Have you eaten?"

Looking at the boy, who thanks to that clip lifting his bangs had his forehead exposed to reveal a pair of considerate eyebrows, Jungkook's own brows, in turn, relaxed slightly as his thin lips spat out the single word, "No."

Taehyung looked then saw, beside Jungkook's feet, rested a small suitcase. Guessing that he most likely just came straight from the plane and after hesitating for a few seconds, he asked, "If you don't mind, there's still some stuff in the fridge, so......can I go get you something to eat?"

Jungkook didn't say a word as he looked at Taehyung as if he were thinking it over. Taehyung, who saw this, now wanted to just call to have some food delivered for him. But before Taehyung could speak, Jungkook looked at him then simply nodded and said, "I'll go shower." before dragging his suitcase with him into the bedroom.

Seeing Jungkook's retreating figure, Taehyung suddenly thought about what happened just two weeks ago.

...........................................................