4

Light from the morning sun trickled through the tiny slits of the blinds covering the bedroom's French windows. The bright specs shone as they lit up the floorboards.

Due to his inner biological clock, Jungkook had already woken up long ago, yet he remained reclined on the bed, maintaining the same position. All this was because on this particular morning he awoke to discover the one who tried to avoid him, as well as keep a distance between them, was now deeply asleep on the pit of his stomach.

Unlike their first two interactions, which consisted mostly of polite alienation, after falling asleep Taehyung seemed to appear unimaginably more gentle. In that room, his features became indescribably soft. The corners of his mouth rose ever so slightly, as he dreamt of something quite amusing, he even acted like a spoiled kid, nuzzling against him a few times.

Jungkook was quite surprised by this, looking at him with interest as he awaited the sort of expression the other would have because of their unexpected positioning. 

Ten minutes later, Taehyung woke up. Jungkook's sudden return had made his nerves a little tense causing him to not fall asleep until it was past midnight.

Last night, he had a dream. He dreamt about his childhood, about his old house and his dog, yeontan, playing in an open field.  Back then when he played with yeontan, it would often use its head to gently brush against him, coaxing him. He, in turn, would chase yeontan around the field until his Grandpa came calling for him to return home for his meal.

Now, that dream of his younger years faded into the distance, Grandpa had become old and grey, and yeontan, who had been at his side as he grew up, had also passed away.

Stretching out his arms then rubbing his eyes, Taehyung squinted as he stared towards the blinds where the bright light shone through wearing a bewildered expression.

Having just woken up he was a bit confused, though it was not uncommon for him to be in a daze for a few seconds before he became completely alert. After his spirit returned he was left stunned– speechless–at the sight of Jungkook's hanging head staring down at him and that he was actually laying on the other's stomach.

Each of their gazes met the others. Soon, Taehyung felt embarrassed and was at a loss as to how exactly this situation came to be.

For Jungkook, when he saw Taehyung rubbing his eyes he knew at once the younger man had woken up. Having waited expectingly to observe his reaction, he found that Taehyung wore a blank expression as he looked ahead, face displaying no emotion whatsoever at their current positions and neither did he utter a word. Jungkook also noticed that Taehyung who began to get off the bed, unexpectedly, stayed......

The Taehyung staring at him blankly was awfully cute, Jungkook thought to himself.

"I'm sorry." Taehyung quickly got off his body. He did not know for how long Jungkook had been awake, or if he had been sleeping like that since last night wouldn't the other be quite tired having spent all that time holding such a posture.

While apologising, he couldn't help but wonder about his dream where he was clearly hugging yeontan, and how exactly he ended up on top of Jungkook, embracing him.

......Not only that but also about how that man's bad temperament wouldn't be as good yeontan's.

With his newfound freedom, Jungkook massaged his stiffened shoulder. In order to allow that just awakened one sleep comfortably, he had kept his arm quite still. What he did not expect was Taehyung to be, well, okay. Instead, he predicted that other would arise to treat him as a 'great scourge' before hastily retreating like always. Tch, he hasn't run away yet, huh?