- SEVENTEEN -

Two Weeks Later

Beomgyu accidentally told his friends that they were dating which made Taehyun worried for a moment but they promised they wouldn't spill the secret so the new couple peacefully dated for two weeks.

" Donut!"

" Beomgyu hyung? What's the matter?" Taehyun asks, as he is busy cleaning up the laboratory table. " Don't hug me! The coat is dirty" he reminds as Beomgyu opens his arm for a hug. The older pouts cutely, " okie" Earning a soft laugh from Taehyun, who is busy getting the beakers and test tubes back to the self. Taehyun takes off his coat and puts it back tidily before turning back to Beomgyu. " alright s-" Beomgyu lends in, not waiting for the younger to finish his line, he kisses him softly on his pumpy lips.
Taehyun, frozen and red, hits the older on his arm.

Leading him to the canteen for lunch, the two sit down. " woah why are you so hardworking kai?" Taehyun asks, lifting his left eyebrow. Kai is never a hardworking students, as long as he knew. " Well I have a Chem quiz later so I have to study. Oh Taehyun, you are good at Chem, why don't you help me?" Kai asks, lightens his eyes. Taehyun shrungs, " whatever" he knows Kai will whine until he says yes so he accepts to help. " So, first of all, tell me the first element on the periodic table" Taehyun says, lending back on chair. Kai frowns, his eyes locked with the ceiling. Yeonjun besides him, can't help but gives a hint, " the H one" Beomgyu watches with a smug smile. " Ah! Helium!" Kai yells excitedly.
Taehyun and his friends facepalm themselves when the other students look at them with werid faces. " Hydrogen! It is hydrogen you pabo ya!" Soobin softly hits his head.  " AHH WHY IS CHEM SO HARD!!!" Kai whines, banging his head on the table. " That's enough of embarrassing us, eat up now Kai!"

A sound of phone notication catches Taehyun's attention, he looks down at his phone. Typing a few words on it, he quickly glances if anyone sees it. " Who is that?" Beomgyu asks, chewing on his chicken drumstick. " An old friend" Taehyun replies with a soft smile. " Ya you got sauces on your face silly" he laughes, wiping it away with his thrumb. Beomgyu smiles like an idiot while the rest glare at them. " Go get a room ya two!"

-

Taehyun snaps his necks left and right with a small groan. With his heavy schoolbag, his back feels sore and he can see sweat dipping down his body under the sun. Scrolling through his phone, Taehyun's eyes fix on the screen as he walks back to his house.

His breath held when someone pulls him into an alley with a strong hand. Taehyun turns around in shock, just to meet with a familiar face. His face drops and stares at the boy in front of him.
" Taehyun, you got my thing?" the boy asks, with puppy eyes. Taehyun nods with a soft sign, " you are still so impatient, Taeyong, like the old days" he says, putting down his heavy schoolbag. Opening the zip, he grabs a small box from the bottom of his bag. " Here" he lends the boy the pink box. " Thanks so much hyun! By the way, don't you think it's a little stupid?" Taeyong asks, looking at his friend. " We literally act just to make him jealous?" Taehyun shrungs, " well, another way round, he uses his sister to fool me. He wanna test me and I do, too. Take it more like a small revenge and a little test" Taehyun says, closing his bag. " You know I love him a lot, since last year" Taeyong nods, and glances around, " you right, I see how you look at him during classes. Just be careful, he won't be happy to know this" Taeyong reminds, putting a hand on Taehyun's shoulder. " Definitely, thanks for your help Taeyong hyung!" They exchange hugs and Taeyong walks away with a happy smile on his face. He has got a present for his boyfriend.

A crack, a crack is heard in the alley. Sounds like someone has stepped on a stick. Taehyun, as sensitive as he always is, turns around in surprise. Beomgyu? He thinks.  His heart pounding as he trying to get the name out of his throat. " B-beomgyu hyung?" Taehyun steps a bit closer to the corner of the wall, peeking out. Nothing. He looks down, to see a grey cat on the floor, stepping on a tree stick. Taehyun's face softens, he pats the cat softly with a smile. " thank goodness, i was afraid you were him"
he murmurs softly, really in a small voice.

" Of course you don't want me to be here" Eyes widen, Taehyun turns around with open mouth.
A disappointed Beomgyu is standing in front of him, with the corners of his lips turning down.
His hands on aside, eyes full of sadness. " B-beomgyu h-h-hyung that's not what you t-thought?" The younger steps closer to the older , but the latter backs up. " Why do you have to do that? Taehyun? You know I never tested you with my sister! And you purposely made out with your friend which you lied as a bully just to make me jealous?Does it even make sense? Woah Kang Taehyun, you are unbelievable" Beomgyu has a sarcastic smile hold on his hurt face, his hands clapping slowly.

" L-let me explain..." Taehyun says shakily, he reaches out his hands but get slapped away by Beomgyu. " So it's true, you don't even deny it. Wow I-I... can't with you" Beomgyu chuckles, his eyes darken but can't hide his hurt. " I am sorry, at l-least listen t-to me?" Tears welling up, Taehyun makes his way to the older, but gets pushed away harshly. " There's nothing to say about! What the fuck do you think you can say?" Beomgyu snaps. Taehyun looks into his glossy eyes with a gulp. " B-beom-" Beomgyu turns a little bit away, hiding his face away from the younger. He let out a small stiff before looking uo and returns his glare back on Taehyun, who is currently grabbing his sheelves with wet eyes.

" Get lost"

" h-hyung-"

" I SAID GET LOST! WE ARE OVER KANG TAEHYUN, I CAN'T ACCEPT YOUR DISTRUST TOWARDS ME. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? YOU WERE JUST A PATHETIC LONER THAT TRAPPED WITH ME IN THE MUSEUM. I CAN'T STAND YOU! LET'S BREAK UP!"

The older bursts out, aggressively grabs Taehyun's wrist and removes it from his sheelves. " N-no *stiff* please d-don't..." Taehyun tries to hold Beomgyu again, but this time the older backs off himself. " We are over, there's nothing between us" Beomgyu says, coldly. He runs away before Taehyun can chase him. Leaving the boy alone in the alley.