- EIGHTEEN -

Earlier that day...

" Not even a goodbye kiss?" Beomgyu pouts cutely, pointing at his pouty lips like a sad puppy.
Taehyun chuckles softly, " We are meeting again tomorrow anyway" he pulls himself out of Beomgyu's grip. " I have to get home sooner today! I will text you " the younger says, turning away with a small wave. " I love you donut!" Beomgyu yells as the distance between them grows. Taehyun giggles at the sight where a 180 cm tall man doing a big heart with his arms.

“ Beomgyu ah, aren't you going?" Yeonjun asks, Taehyun is already out of sight. " Hyung, I have a bad gut feeling..." he starts, glancing the people walking on the street. " Don't think too much, maybe you are just tired" Yeonjun says. " Perhaps you are right"

However, Beomgyu can't fight the thought away. So he decides to take a visit to Taehyun's house.
And there, is where he witnesses all those.

-

Alone, Taehyun is left alone in the alley. He tries to wipe away the endless tears coming out from his eyes. Beomgyu has broken up with him. He knew he would be mad but he didn't expect him to say something like that. Taehyun doesn't want to lose Beomgyu. Before anybody sees him, Taehyun gets up from the ground and rushes back home.

He lays on his bed, buries his face into the bed.
Regrets and anger of himself fill through his body, making him uncontrollably breaks down in tears. He is always a smart kid, but not this time. " w-why would i e-even do this?" he cries, not understanding why he has to do that. The truth was, he wanted to get the older, he wanted to see him jealous, he was mad at Beomgyu ditching him and acted with his sister. There are something Beomgyu may forget but Taehyun can't, that he is mad at.

Flashback

" Okay kids, you guys are pairing up with students from another middle school! They are currently waiting for you in the classroom!"
Taehyun gulped at the words that came out from the teacher's mouth. Looking out from the classroom windows, he could see bury figures moving outside, which made him even more nervous than he already was.

" I bet your partner won't be happy to see you Kang Taehyun!" a boy laughed, pointing at the poor boy, earning laughters and giggles from his own classmates. Taehyun lowers his head, pushing his shoulders up a little bit. " Alright, let's greet them shall we?" Taehyun looks up a little bit, regretting about his life's decision.
Taehyun was only 13 that time, he was a messy kid. He didn't dress himself nicely. There were zits and pimples on his face, along with his thick black glasses resting on his nose. A nerd, he looked just like a nerd. " Excuses me, do you know...who is Kang Taehyun?"  A boy asked. Taehyun looked up, and he felt his face burning up a little bit. He was... gorgeous. Unlike him.

" T-that is...me" Taehyun said in a small voice. " ohh... alright then" Taehyun doesn't dare to look at the boy's face as he could feel the disappointment in his tone, slowing breaking his self-esteem. The whole lesson went on quiet, besides exchanging names and phone numbers. They nearly did nothing.

This partner walked out of the classroom quickly when the recess bell had ringed. Taehyun took out his fiction from his drawer and continued reading it until there was a tap on his shoulder. " Taehyun ah" It was his Science Teacher, " Could you please take the books to me?" Taehyun nods obeily.

His eyes fix on the floor, staring at the dirty floor. " damn you are so lucky!" Beomgyu? He thought when a familiar voice got into his ears. He stopped walking and peeks at the corner of the wall. Indeed, Beomgyu and another boy.
" Your partner is cute, unlike mine, he looks just like a boring nerd, no wonder he is always alone" Beomgyu says, chuckling with his friend.
Taehyun held in his tears from his eyes and turned away quickly. Choi Beomgyu, he thought.