6~ Music To My Ears

*Your POV*

"Come on, where did I put that damn shirt!" I said while frantically throwing all my clothes out of my closet.

It's 9:40 am and I'm currently rushing around trying to find and put together an outfit for the lunch date Maki-senpai had planned for us.

I fell asleep almost as soon as I got home yesterday and totally forgot to prepare an outfit or figure out what to take or-
"Yes! Found it!" From the messy clothes pile I lifted up a long sleeve black turtleneck; it's lightweight and perfect for today's sunny yet chilly weather.

I set it on my bed right beside my white and grey plaid skirt and black knee high socks.
I have matching black heeled boots and a simple silver chain necklace with a heart pendant.

"Is this good enough?" I ask myself examining my outfit.

I get a sudden text and check to see who messaged me.

Oh, it's from Maki-senapi.

I opened the text and it was a picture, a selfie of her resting her head on her hand, smiling with the sun on her face.
She wrote a small message saying, can't wait to see you ^^

I held my hand up to my face and instantly felt how warm my cheeks went.

wow, she's so beautiful...

I looked to my side and saw myself in the mirror. My bare face, bedhead and disheveled pyjamas didn't feel right for a selfie back...
I replied with,
See you soon (◠‿◠)

It's almost 10 and I need to meet Maki-senpai at the cafe just before 11, I should start getting ready...

---

*Maki's POV*

It's a beautiful day today, the sun is out shining and the air is cool and crisp.
As I walk around the local city park, I see kids running around playing games, couples out on dates holding hands, and others taking their dogs on walks.

But I'm not focused on any of these people. If anything they're making it frustratingly hard to find Y/N....

We planned to meet here at this park around 11:00 am, and then head to the new cafe for some coffee and sweet treats.

"Oh! How could I have forgotten to mention the new arcade that opened last week, I don't think she'd mind a bit of fun there."
I smile to myself thinking about Y/N playing claw machine games, concentrating and getting flustered if she didn't get it on the first try... lips pouting in frustration, eyes narrowing in concentration...

Haah-... This feeling... only she makes me feel like this... It's like I'm out of breath and blowing up like a balloon at the same time...
it's... a strange addicting feeling...

*Your POV*

I arrive right on time at the park Maki-senpai sent through text last night.
It's a truly beautiful place; white brick pillars and waist height, elegant white fences encapsulate the park which is just bursting with bright greenery.

Shrubs, trees, flowers and large grassy groves are shining with last night's cold and dewy rain, while small rippling streams are cascading through the park shimmering from the golden morning sun.

I take a sigh of relief.
Taking in the scenery surrounding me is an insanely fresh breath of air I didn't realise I needed so badly.
Deciding not to stall any longer I look around for Maki-senpai.

I take a few more steps into the park looking all around me, and by a small glance I notice a flash of shimmering red by a small bridge over the stream.
It's mostly covered by tall shrubs so I make my way towards the bridge to make sure what I saw wasn't my eyes playing with me.