7 ~ I Hope You Think of Me

— — —

*Your POV*

"So, where to first?" I turn to Maki-senpai as we entered the arcade.
There were kids, couples and friend groups all around playing all kinds of different games.
It was actually a little overwhelming so I was hoping Maki-senpai would direct us first.

"Let's try our hand at some crane games, not to brag but I've had quite the luck streak with these." Maki-senpai placed a hand on her hip and playfully winked at me.

I giggled at the gesture.
"I've never been able to win these, but good luck Maki-senpai." I shot her a wink back.
Arm in arm we walked over to the back of the arcade which had a two way lane filled with crane games. There were ones with plushies, figures, candy, keychains, and a plethora of other random cute prizes.

We stopped in front of one that had a bunch of mini adorable plushies. They were quite random, some being little foods such as burgers, ice cream, sandwiches and cakes with little smiling expressions. But then there were others such as little devils, angels, clouds, and ghosts.
They were nothing crazy impressive to win but seemed to be a good start.

Maki-senpai took out a small purse and entered some coins into the machine. A light chime sounded as the machine started and Maki-senpai immediately took the controls and had sheer determination on her face.

Eyes sharpened, lips tight and eyebrows narrowed. My chest fluttered a bit at the sudden change in her demeanor, realising I haven't seen this kind of serious expression on her before.

But she soon changed back into a very excited smile and her eyes lit up. It was then I realised I was only looking at her the whole time and didn't even notice she won a prize.
She bent down and took out a small strawberry plush with an adorable smile and blush.
"Haha, told you I was a pro." She smirked at me gave the strawberry a little squish.

"Wow, despite these plushes technically being pretty cheap, it's actually so, so soft." She held the bright red strawberry plush in both hands and squished it, a small smile adorned her face as she looked down at it.

Oh... Wow she's so...
"So cute..." I absentmindedly muttered out.
"Hm?" She looked up expectedly.
"Oh, uh, I said it's really cute, the strawberry." I fiddled with the hem of my skirt a little flustered.

Maki-senpai stepped closer and took my hand placing the plush in it, then taking my other hand on top and pressed them together, making me squeeze the incredibly soft plushie.

"It's yours." She spoke softly.
"Really?" I semi muttered back.
"Yep. And I hope you think of me everytime you see it. And give it a little squeeze if you ever miss me." She rose her face up and a little closer to me, my eyes fluttered at the sudden closed distance.
She gave my hands another gentle squeeze and smiled, looking me deeply in the eyes.

My heart was racing, I didn't know what to say or do, I could only stand still and hope she wouldn't move away, waiting for something to happen...

A very loud and sudden cheer from a rowdy group of boys from over the crane game isle startled us, both of our shoulders jolting in surprise and fixing me out of my little trance of being lost in Maki-senpai's violet eyes.

"W-well, should we see what else there is to play?" I asked awkwardly.
"Absolutely. I guarantee you'll be leaving with more than a few plushies today." She stated proudly. I rolled my eyes a little but couldn't help but smile nonetheless.

— — —

Maki-senpai and I were in line at a small pop-up ice cream stall outside the arcade. My hands were full with bags of plushies, keychains, candy and some other random prizes, that miraculously were all won by Maki-senpai. She really wasn't bragging for nothing...