4~ Forever

*Your POV*

It was nearing the end of the day now. Rei-senpai decided to put a hold on club activities for a few weeks, until we've had time to process what's happened to Misaki-chan...

To be honest, I doubt club is going to happen for the rest of the year...

After saying goodbye to them I headed out the school gates to Nagisa's house.
I didn't think I'd get through today without crying again, hopefully I don't burst out in tears in front of Nagisa, I don't want her to see me like that.

As I was walking down Nagisa's street, I felt small drops of rain land on my face.
The dark sombre sky was an exact resemblance of my mind right now... clouded by sad thoughts, only being let out by small droplets here and there.
Hopefully it won't storm down...

I was getting close to Nagisa's house now, but I felt an uneasiness the closer I approached.
Almost like someone was watching me.
I stopped to look around the neighbourhood, there were a few people walking home from work or school but none seemed to be paying any attention to me.

Huh... odd...

---

*Maki's POV*

Shit, that was close...

Not expecting her to turn around, I had to quickly duck behind a wall quite a ways away.
I decided to see where Y/N was headed. I had hopes that I could figure out where she lived, but I can't risk being too obvious so I had to put a significant amount of distance between us.
I waited almost 30 seconds before looking around the wall, but of course, she was nowhere to be seen.

Damn it...
Deciding I'd try again tomorrow, I turned back around.

"Hello Y/N-chan, come on inside, it's gotten pretty cold out here hasn't it."

I spun back towards where that voice was coming from, and in an apartment building not to far away a few stories up I caught a glimpse of Y/N's soft hair blowing gently in the cold pleasent breeze.
Recognizing the annoying high pitched voice, I knew immediately who's apartment complex that was.

Nagisa... she's known Y/N for years now, there's no way I can become as close to her as she has.

An idea came to mind.
I smirked and continued walking back the way I came.

Suicide won't work with Nagisa, she doesn't seem like the type to get depressed over small things, and I'm sure if she did Y/N would know about it.

They're best friends.

They're the closest people to each other.

They have a special bond.

All these made me want to vomit. Nagisa is a tricky one, but I think I know just the way to break that bond.

Man... Just you wait and see...
Y/N-chan will only want to be with me in the end...
you'll see..

---

*Nagisa's POV*

After making Y/N-chan some tea and fetching a few snacks, we sat down side by side on my bed and she started telling me all about what happened.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Misaki-chan was always so bright and happy, to think it was all a mask of sorts, is truly heart breaking...

Y/N-chan told me all of this with strain in her voice, like she was trying to hold back from crying in front of me.
"Y/N-chan, you know it's perfectly fine to cry, you don't need to push yourself from your emotions, especially not with me."
I sat closer to her so that our legs were touching, and wrapped my arm around her shoulders.

She pushed her head in the crook of my neck and I felt a few warm tears drip down my collarbone.
I held her stronger and she let a few whimpers.
"I didn't... want to cry... in front of you." She said in almost a whisper.
"Why? You know I'll always be here for you, in sickness and in health till death do is part."
Y/N-chan giggled a little wiping away her tears.
"You always know how to cheer me up, I'm so lucky to have you as my best friend." I rubbed her shoulder with my thumb and took one of her hands in mine.

I smiled sadly.
There she goes again with the 'best friends'... Will it always be like this?...
The best I can do for her at the moment, is to just keep being by her side.

Always.

Forever.

No one else will ever be as close to her as I am...

I'll do whatever it takes to keep her as close to me as possible...

Just with me...

Forever...

---

Oooooooo sounds like our lil Nagisa-chan is being a bit possessive... yandere even?...

Sorry this chapter was so short, but I promise, soon things will be getting more intense ◉‿◉