1~ Bright Smile

(By the way, at the time I first wrote this I had no idea what Doki Doki Literature Club was, so if there's a few "references" to it they were totally coincidental lol)
╮(. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)╭

*Your POV*

I straightened out my skirt for about the 10th time this morning out of nervousness that I lost track of where I was supposed to be headed for the entrance ceremony.
It's my first year of highschool and I'm attending Otonizaka High. After hearing it's closure was called off I immediately asked my mom if I could enter.
And now that's got me standing at the front gates, unaware that the bell already rang.

I ruffled my hair in confusion and stress of not knowing where I'm meant to go.
"Oh man, and there's no one around I can ask, ugh where the hell is the entrance hall?"
I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around to see a girl with shoulder length strawberry pink hair, and a purple bow around her neck indicating she was my senior.

I'm almost as tall as her though...

The girl had a calm expression on her face and then smiled brightly.
"Are you lost?"
"Y-yes, I don't know where the entrance ceremony is."
The girl put her hand on her hip and extended the other.
"Come with me, I'll show you where it is. My name is Maki Nishikino, nice to meet you."

I felt a little relieved to know I was finally heading where I needed to be.
I happily took her hand.
"Nice to meet you too Nishikino-senpai."

———

The entrance ceremony was over quickly. Nothing overly interesting, just the new student council going over the basic rules and latest updates for the new year.
When it was over everyone was slowly making their way out in lines, and out of the corner of my eye I could see my friend Nagisa a few lines over, she also seemed to notice me and waved with a big dorky smile.

I smiled and waved back, she then tried to draw a question mark in the air and then pointed down her line, attracting a few eyes to look in her direction.

I giggled at her gestures knowing exactly what she meant and answered by showing her two fingers and then drawing the letter B in the air. Her face lit up and fist bumped the air.

Hehe cool, Nagisa and I are both in class 2B, hopefully we'll be sitting next to each other.
We made our way out the building and people outside were gathering in their friend groups chatting away.

I've always been very shy growing up, I've made some friends before but I've never been the talkative outgoing type so they usually grew bored of me and moved on to other groups.

Two years ago Nagisa transferred from another school and we were entirely polar opposites, but we somehow got along and clicked instantly. She's my best friend and since then she's never left my side.

"Y/N - Chaaaaan!!!"
I turned around and saw Nagisa running towards me and jumped up into my arms.
"Jeez Nagisa, could you be anymore hyper?" I said while laughing as she squeezed me into a tight hug.
"We didn't get to meet up before school started so I'm just really excited to see you." Nagisa suddenly backed up to look me up and down.

"Oh my goood!!! You look so cute in the uniform!" She started squealing hysterically while bouncing up and down.
By this point a lot of eyes were on us. I spotted the senior from earlier smiling over at me, she cracked a little laugh and continued walking inside the main building.

I blushed a bit feeling embarrassed and held down Nagisa's shoulders.
"Stop it you're embarrassing me."
"Aww ok. How about we go look for our classroom." She suggested.
"Sure."