2 :「Her Wandering Samurai」

The next day, y/n strolled through the streets of Inazuma City, which had become increasingly crowded, making it difficult for y/n to navigate. "Ah-! y/n!" a familiar friend cried out from the crowd, "Kazuha...", y/n hurried towards her friend, Kazuha hugged her as y/n snuggled into his chest with tears forming in her eyes, "you know, you don't need to cry, I won't be leaving your side anytime soon," he comforted. Y/n rested her chin on Kazuha's shoulder.

When Y/n noticed Tomo through the crowd watching her and Kazuha, she swiftly backed away from the hug. "y/n?" Kazuha looked t y/n with concern, "Tomo- he's alive, he was just standing right there," y/n tried to explain, but Tomo vanished the instant she turned around."Y/n, he's long gone," Kazuha said, his face wrinkled.

"Yes, but what if—," y/n started to butt in but was cut off, "y/n, it's pointless, Tomo died before me and the vision shell doesn't even have its own light anymore, so would you please move on..." Kazuha released a sigh.

"Anyway, if you like, I'll treat you to some dangos", Kazuha then smiled, even his feelings for y/n haven't changed, but then, y/n's feelings for Tomo haven't changed either, despite knowing that he's already passed, but she still has a feeling that Tomo is out there someplace.

"Sure...dangos are my fave anyway," y/n shrugged, but smiled back.

"You sure love eating, huh...just like paimon," Kazuha joked, making y/n's cheeks flush red.

================================

The two stopped on the outskirts of Inazuma City near a massive sakura tree with a sakura bloom surrounding its base."So...Kazuha," y/n attempted to start a conversation, "Hm?" Kazuha fixed his gaze on y/n. "How is it like outside of Inazuma?" the h/c haired girl asked as she chomped on her tri-colored dango. "Well, it's just as dangerous as Inazuma, but...it feels free to be outside of Inazuma; you can go wherever you want without anyone stopping you, but I can't stay there for long because this is my home," Kazuha replied.

"Must feel so nice then" y/n huffed as she finished her dango.

"Well then, my turn to ask" the platinum blonde smirked and leaned against the tree. "What have you been doing ever since I was away?", Kazuha asked.

Now...what was y/n doing while he was away?

To come and think of it, y/n didn't really do anything other than continue her usual ways to the point she got really bored, but what did she do other than that?

"I've been waiting", y/n says before pausing to take a deep breath, "waiting for the two of you to come back", her e/c eyes shimmered, "But Tomo-- he's--", Kazuha stammered through his words but decided to just shut up. "....It just feels so empty without him you know..", she quietly says.

Kazuha then burst into laughter, "Are you...are you really sure that all you did? must've been so boring" Kazuha teased y/n once again.

y/n's cheeks puffed and playfully slapped Kazuha's arm, "Hey, i really missed you and Tomo, nothing's wrong with dreaming and hoping" she placed both of her hands by her hips, "Fine, you do you i guess"

"so...about the empty vision shell...", y/n finally had the courage to bring the vision shell up.

Kazuha's playful and cheery face suddenly turned to a frown, "What about it?", he asked.

"Do you...still have it?", y/n locked her e/c eyes towards Kazuha's ruby red eyes.

"I don't, i gave it back to it's owner" Kazuha answered,

y/n's eyes sparkled and her cheeks has slightly turned pink, "Wait, so Tomo's back?!" she exclaimed.

"No silly, i brought the vision to his grave", Kazuha chuckled, and y/n loosened.

'right, there is no way he'll come back to us anyway' she thought.

"Uwa--?! the suns setting, father's gonna be home tonight and i forgot to cook rice", y/n panicked, "I'll see you tomorrow, Kazuha", y/n then rushed up to the heart of Inazuma city to her home. Kazuha left a smile on his face, but something has been bugging him.

"Why does she keep on bringing Tomo up...? Don't tell me she's...", before Kazuha could say something else a certain friend of his approached him.

"Oh, so you've been watching, seems like she's more into you than she is to me", Kazuha said as he relaxed onto the tree, taking a deep breath of fresh air.

================================

"Man-- father's gonna be so mad at me once i-", just as y/n stepped in her home she smelled a good aroma of egg rolls...onigiri...food?

"Ah, y/n, you're home", her father stepped out of the kitchen holding a bowl of ramen, "I thought I'll just surprise you since I was finally able to get home early", this left y/n speechless.

"Heh...father...I'm home", y/n shyly approached her father and offered help to place the bowl of ramen onto the chabudai. "You have been working very hard, father", y/n complimented.

" mhm, your mother would've been so happy to see her girl already grown-up".

The two then sat on the zaisu. "Thank you for the food~!"

"So...y/n...how is it with Kazuha, when are you two gonna get married?", y/n's father say as he slurped the ramen.

y/n almost choked on her food from this statement, "no-no father, he's only a friend!" y/n retorted. "ah i see, and Tomo? i haven't heard of him in a while"

"Father, have you forgotten already?", y/n frowned which caused her father to frown as well, "oh, yes, I'm sorry, i must've been getting old now, but i swear i won't forget you!" her father laughed and sipped his tea.

y/n would be lying if she said she liked kazuha, y/n only likes him as a friend, she just never developed romantic feelings for him, she sees him more like a brother rather than a lover.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I'm getting more into the story so uh i might update a lot faster now since i got so many things prepared for this story hehe-

Kazuha is intentionally kinda ooc in this story
(PARTIALLY EDITED)