8 : 「His turn」

Tomo arrived in Inazuma city, unsure if y/n already arrived at her home. As he walks through the now less crowded streets of the city, he slowly becomes nervous.

'Should I tell her that Kazuha's been stalking her? Should I just be straightforward and tell her everything that has been happening?' Tomo shook his head at the thought.

"I..definitely shouldn't tell her those yet", Tomo muttered under his breath.

Tomo passes by Komore Teahouse to see Thoma outside having a small chat with Ayaka, 'If only y/n and I would always talk to each other without worrying about something' Tomo sighs.

Now standing in front of y/n's house, the milky beige-haired man took a deep breath before reaching out on the door to knock, but before he could even touch it, the door was slid open.

A few moments earlier...

Y/n returned home after running all those errands, now unsure of what to do, she sat down on a zaisu in her room in front of her desk.

She picked up her notebook and grabbed the bamboo brush, dipping it into Sumi ink she began to write.

'father won't be home tonight, he's busy with work.', was all she wrote, y/n sighs at the thought that she's always left alone in her home, ever since her mother died, her father just almost never came home due to work, y/n had no choice but to understand this. She technically grew up alongside her two best friends, who on which left her as well.

"I can't stay like this my entire life...", y/n whined as she rests her head by the desk.

An idea suddenly sparked up in her mind.

"That's right!", She raised her head from the desk.

"I should socialize more, maybe try to hang out with Aether sometime when I come across him once again...", her eyes sparkled with glee.

'wait, he's literally as busy as my dad, heck I can't even approach him'

"Ah...", y/n stared down at the notebook, only to see the few words she wrote.

y/n begins to feel frustrated. Why can't she have an interesting life?

y/n's mother gave that notebook to her for her to write down interesting things happening in her life and not things that would disappoint.

"I...should go get some fresh air and think about this", y/n said to herself before standing up and heading towards the door.

Present

"Ah--!", Tomo flinched at the sight of y/n suddenly sliding the door open.

y/n raised her eyebrows from surprise, she let out a soft giggle, "I didn't expect you to be knocking on my door again, Tomo, I actually expected it to be Kazuha"

Tomo chuckled from hearing Kazuha's name come out of her mouth, "Forget about him", he looked away.

"Huh? Why? Did the two of you fight?", y/n asked as Tomo immediately hid his hand-- to which hasn't healed yet. "Oh no, no, not at all actually! He's uh, busy", Tomo lied.

It was pretty hard for him to lie at y/n, if ever, he would've told her everything if only Kazuha wasn't such a creep to her.

"Huh, okay", y/n shrugged before asking another question, "So Tomo, why were you about to knock on my door?"

His amethyst-colored eyes look down to hers- of course since he's way taller than y/n. "Do you want to go to the Grand Narukami shrine with me?" Tomo smiles.