1 : 「Outlander」

y/n's father advised her to go to Konda village since there was a ruckus near the Inazuma city tenshukaku entrance. It's been over a year since Tomo died, and for some reason, y/n still can't get over it. Every night, she would merely think of him, hoping he would come knocking at her door, offering to take a stroll outside of Inazuma city or eat with Kazuha at Uyuu restaurant.
(The game never specified when Tomo died or when Kazuha left)

Kazuha hasn't shown up for her since he left, and y/n is unsure if her good friend has returned from Liyue.

"Thank you for allowing me to stay," y/n said as she bowed before village chief Konda Densuke. "Oh, no need to thank me; it was to protect you anyway, and plus, your father is hardly never home anyway, right?" the old man said, smiling. "I heard it's already safe to return to Inazuma city...I must be leaving now," y/n stated as she packed her belongings and left for Inazuma city.

The moon is rising slowly, and the Sun is setting slowly. As y/n watched the stars slowly emerge, she remembered the last time she spoke to her beloved.

Before entering Inazuma City, y/n took a deep breath.

y/n felt strange the instant she stepped into Inazuma City. She senses the presence of someone she's met before and someone she hasn't. y/n simply shook off the feeling and turned to face her house, only to be greeted by a boy with long braided blond hair and a clothing she had never seen before.

"Do you think she's even home?" the flying tiny girl asked the blonde. "You know, this girl named...y/n? I think that's her name...should we simply tell Kazuha she's gone somewhere?"

When she heard Kazuha's name, y/n's eyes brightened up.

"Kazuha? Is he back?" y/n asked.

"Oh? You know Kazuha?" the white-haired girl asked. "Anyone named...err...y/n?" the blonde simply nodded.

"I'm y/n, do you need anything from me?" y/n said, chuckling. "I've never seen you two here before, it appears like you're not from around here," she said as she came closer to the two.

"So...did Kazuha say something to you about coming to me?" y/n wondered.

"Y-yeah, he wanted us to treat you to Uyuu restaurant while he's...gone," the blonde stammered, struggling to focus as two other'strangers' went the wrong way and ended up near y/house. n's

"Are you sure you know Kazuha? You two appear suspect to me; a close buddy always advised me to question strangers," y/n said, a finger on her chin.

The blonde was startled and said, "Ah, sorry, we forgot to introduce ourselves."

"My name is Aether," Aether said, looking at the floating girl. "This is my emergency food," he adds.

"I'm not your emergency food! It's Paimon" Paimon turned her direction to Aether with her eyebrows furrowed.  

y/n chuckled. "Well, if one of my friends trusts you, I'll trust you as well; I'll just put my stuff inside and go with you," the h/c girl said as she carried her belongings into her house. The girl stepped outdoors again a few moments later.

"Let's go!" y/n said, a bright smile on her face, attempting to disguise her little pout. More memories of her and Tomo surfaced.

"Wa! These all smell so nice!" Paimon exclaimed as she examined the meal. "Y/n, by the way, you don't have to pay; this is my treat," Aether stated before thanking his food and digging in.

Before eating her meal, y/n asked, "Aether...do you...do you know where Kazuha is?"

"He had to do something very important," Aether explained as he chewed his breakfast.

"Yeah! I was worried when he deflected the Raiden Shogun's strike, but it's a good thing the other vision he has reawa-" Paimon was interrupted by Aether's coughing and desperate request for water before she could finish her reply.

"Wah! Traveller, are you all right?" Paimon screamed. He said, "I'm fine now."

"Traveller...? Wait- the same traveller that slayed a dragon, fought a deity in Liyue, and defeated one of the fatui?! Also, the same traveller who fought the Shogun herself?" y/n exclaimed, her face lit up with enthusiasm.

"Uh...yeah- wait you just realized that?" Aether's cheeks flushed a light shade of deep red, embarrassment on his face.

Paimon's smile was triumphant as she said, "ehehe."

"No way...about the unawakened vision..." y/n countenance abruptly changed as she moved on to a different topic.

"Ah...so you know," Aether sighed, "Kazuha was able to reactivate the vision, but only for a few seconds," the blonde explained.

"Don't tell Kazuha what I told you, it would've been a pity to see a person like him angry— he doesn't seem like the type of guy to display his anger," Aether said as he completed his meal.

y/n clutched her kimono sleeve, hoping that perhaps...the empty vision shell would resurrect her so-called friend. Paimon called out to her, "y/n?"

"Are you okay?" the white-haired girl asked the e/c girl, who then looked at Paimon. "I'm...fine"

========================================

y/n said, her hands behind her back, "Thank you for today." "Oh...it's...nothing," the blonde explained. "Has something been bothering you lately?" Aether asked, concerned, as the three walked through Inazuma City's dim streets.

"It's about the vision shell, right?" y/n gulped and lowered her head, forcing her to stop walking. She raised her head and peered into Aether's golden yellow eyes, then marched towards him, causing Aether to take a small step back.

"Oh no," Paimon whispered gently. y/n begs, "Please...tell me more about it."

"I'm sorry...I'm not able to," Aether explained. "If Kazuha wants to tell you that, he can," he continued.

Y/n can't simply force Aether to tell her; instead, she simply nods and walks to her house on her own.

She changed to casual clothes and prepared her futon, ready to sleep and wait for the next day.

(Edited)