3 : 「Broken Blade Mound」

"The thunder incinerates the body and bone -- in nourishing the earth may they both find rest"

================================

ever since Tomo died, y/n has always visited his grave ever since Kazuha's return. Y/n has always nagged Kazuha to go to his grave but unfortunately, the ruby-eyed boy refused as he knows how dangerous it is on the way there, although he has had enough of y/n's nagging and finally agreed to escort her to their dear friend's grave. 'will y/n be like this if I was the one who died instead of him?' he thought but shrugged it off.

They finally arrived, the grave was somewhat gloomy yet it looked so peaceful. Blue glowing flowers surrounding the area, a worn-out katana by the grave, and Tomo's now empty vision.

Y/n felt peace as she stood before the grave. She clasped her hands together and prayed, hoping for Tomo to hear her thoughts, Kazuha did the same. "say, y/n, why haven't you moved on his death?" Kazuha started a conversation. "It's not that I haven't moved on, I just..miss him...so much because he was a very important friend to me" y/n quietly says as she continues to look at the grave. "If I was in his place, would you do the same?" Kazuha smirked which caused y/n to look at him deep into his eyes, "Of course I would, also don't make jokes about this!", y/n punched his arm...not playfully.

'of course, a girl like her won't make jokes like this ever so lightly' Kazuha thought as his facial expression has soften.

Y/n sat near the grave. "Tomo you idiot...why did you even die...how selfish", the h/c colored hair girl buried her face by her palms. "You surely didn't move on huh" Kazuha sat down next to her trying his best to comfort her. "He won't be back...maybe in your next life he will but that's...almost impossible. Why do you care about him so much? What about me y/n? Do you not care for me? Y/n, Tomo's dead. Death is the end, you can't turn back time, it is what it is, so would you please move on, not for me, but for him?" Kazuha's voice was unexpectedly louder which caused y/n to go speechless.

There was a good silence for over 30 minutes. Kazuha stood up and bowed in front of y/n. "I'm sorry...for what I said earlier, I just...don't understand why you're so into him" y/n looked up to see a clear view of Kazuha's face. She would be lying if she say he's pretty decent, no he's not only decent looking, he's handsome, although y/n doesn't fall in love with those who have the looks, she prioritizes personality, and Tomo's the right one for her, or at least that's what she thought. "Let's go back before the sun goes down, i...still need to go to Liyue-- by a teleport waypoint, it won't take long, I just need to meet with the traveller and give him a handy instrument", Kazuha stood straight and held a hand out for y/n to reach for.

y/n nods and took his hand, "You'll be away again...you only return to Inazuma only when I need you. Why do you choose to be out there and not here?" she asked.

"It's...because I feel freer outside of Inazuma—Inazuma may be my home but theres just so many opportunities out there. I'm an adventurer. But don't worry, I'll be alongside you whenever you need me to" Kazuha replied before y/n took his hand and the two returned back to Inazuma City.

============================