30. Who's the guy?

Spencer's POV

"Who's the guy?" I overheard Emily drop some files on JJ's desk and put her hands on her hip.

"What?" JJ looked up from her computer in surprise.

"You've been moping all day," Emily pointed out.

JJ glanced over at me. I quickly turned away.

But Emily caught it. That's what happens when you work with profilers.

Emily blinked rapidly, narrowed her eyes, and then collected her files and wandered away to her office.

I rolled my chair back and quickly exited the bullpen, signally for JJ to follow me.

JJ pursed her lips, looked around and then followed me, but only after doing a loop around the bullpen to make it look like she was going elsewhere.

JJ had no idea where I was leading her until I pulled her into a file room that was deserted most of the time.

"She's suspicious," I announce.

"You don't think I know that Spencer," JJ muttered as she folded her arms and leaned against a filing cabinet.

I tapped my hand on the metal of neighbouring cabinet. "Are we going to talk about what happened last night?"

"I'd rather not" JJ hissed. She pushed past me trying to leave. But I wasn't done yet.

I caught her before she could muscle her way out and placed my hand on the filing cabinet either side of her, boxing her in. "JJ stop being a child and face the facts."

"And what are they?" She seethed. "That I am in an accomplice in cheating scandal."

"You look so cute when your cheeks buff out like that." I was distracted now.

JJ blushed and her cheeks were magenta.

I leaned down and placed a peck on her cheek, the warmth radiating from them. I stayed there. Our eyes meeting.

Just then the door flew open and Emily mouth hung open.

"My office, now." The rage in Emily's voice was apparent.

We each made our way to her office discreetly.

"It's not what it looks like," JJ rushed to explain after closing the office door securely.

"Oh, so Reid wasn't just kissing your cheek in an oddly intimate way even though he had a girlfriend." Emily scoffed at the ridiculousness.

"Okay, so maybe it is what it looks like." JJ's head fell.

"You think," Emily collapsed into her chair.

"What are you two thinking? You're jeopardising everything. You're lucky it was me and not one of the others. Penelope would cuss you out. And imagine Rossi's deafening silence. I'm only saying this because ethe pair of you are my friends. Cut it out. In what world do you think this is right?" She shook her head. "Your awfully quite Mr I can't keep it in my pants."

I continued to gaze out the window. I had no way to justify myself.

"Emily, please don't say anything." JJ begged.

"What do you expect me to do?" Emily exclaimed. "Please tell me that you guys are going... stop this."

JJ and I exchanged looks.

"What was that?" Emily slammed her palms on the desk "What was that look," she accused.

Emily had no idea how many times we had tried to stop. Somehow, we always failed.

"It's nothing," I shrugged. "Look, Emily, we are still figuring this out."

Emily grimaced. "I'm going to have to avoid her." Emily sunk back in her chair.

"Who?"

"Y/N," she reminded us. "You know it's the family dinner this weekend."

Oh shit. A couple of times a year we have dinner and drinks as a team and partners. I hoped that Emily could keep it together.