70. Stitches

Spencer's POV

"You can't go in unarmed or alone," Tara echoed everyone's thoughts.

"I hate to say it, Kid. But she's right." Rossi looked at me like a human for the first time since he found out.

"I have to." I began taking out my gun and handed it to Tara. She hesitantly took it from me.

"It's not safe." Luke chimed in.

Penelope had her two cents worth virtually. "Don't do this Spencer. There has to be another way."

"Well, I'm all ears if you have another plan. But seeing as there is no plan B we'll have to stick to plan A."

"Spencer... we don't want a repeat of Maeve." JJ gulped.

How could she say that? How dare she say that. I wouldn't let that happen. I can't let that happen.

I gritted my teeth. "If I don't do this... I'll never get her back. That would be equivalent to what happened with... Maeve. How can I not do anything? I'm sick of not doing anything. I can't wait anymore."

Will chases after me as I enter the building beginning my ascent to where Ben was keeping Y/N, in the eves of the building that were never fully completed. Everyone was shouting after me, and the scuffle that I left behind, heightened as they all were trying to figure out ways to stop me.

Will matched my pace. "I know that you need to do this, but this is dangerous. We haven't done any reconnaissance. We should assume he is armed. You are potentially putting yourself and Y/n at risk. We haven't assessed how volatile Benjamin is."

I walked on. Will was right but like I said I have no choice.

I jumped into the service elevator. Will slid in next to me. It was dark and rickety, barely lit. Only the light from the cracks as it rolled up the frame shone a light in.

I reached the top of the building. I stepped out the elevator, inhaling the musky scent that Y/N had been drowning in for the last 24 hours.

Will stayed put in the elevator. "At least keep your earpiece and body cam rolling so we can see what's happening." His dad side was showing. He knew that I wasn't going to change my mind. I appreciated that he wasn't trying to stop me. "There are a lot of people down there that care about the two of you." I nodded. I knew that. "Be careful Spencer. Think you're your head. And whatever you do DON'T take off your vest."

I pushed my hair back, as I attempted to navigate around the unfinished top floor. There were lengths of timber leaned against the walls. Cinder blocks piled high. Plastic sheeting draped over pallets of materials. I had to resist the urge to cough.

I manoeuvred through the apartment. I was beginning to think that Ben had played us. I didn't want to start a manhunt. Ben had connections and with his conviction, he would be able to get out of the country, and if he did and he took Y/N with him, finding Y/N would be significantly harder if not close to impossible. I had to go with his plan. There was no other way.

The sound of my feet against the plywood changed. I looked down and noticed that the area I was entering now was more finished. The harrow bone floor was dust free. I could hear and smell firewood crackling. I pushed open one of the slightly ajar double doors. The warm glow of the fire filling the room, contradicted by the stark light from a fish tank. In the centre of the room Y/N was curled up in a chair, her arms tied down. Behind her the city view spanned the wall. Her blood was dried on the sided of her head, where someone had attempted to clean up the wound and roughly bandage it up.