Chapter 44

Mengrui POV

I guess this is how he felt when he brought me to the hospital only I was unconscious and he wasn't, kind of making me feel bad that I left him behind, "stop that" he mumbles looking down at me and I looked up at him "I know what you're thinking about and don't, I was a jerk to and I understand you don't need to feel bad for it, my brothers can, but not you" he smiled, that one smile where he's just looking as though he's admiring something pretty

"I can't help it, you're hurt and last time I left you when I was hurt and you was worried" he slid his hand in mine and squeezed slightly as we waited in A&E clearly a gunshot wound wasn't important to them since we had been sitting here for about an hour, he shut his eyes but he wasn't going to sleep and definitely not relaxed and I can't imagine he would be with how much pain he should be in "does it hurt?"

he smirked and I could see something had crossed his mind "a little, can my pretty husband kiss it all better for me" he glanced at me with a smirk and I just shook my head at how he could joke at a time like this

"Mr. Li" the nurse called through the speaker directing us to what room we where required to go to, I got up and Shuanghui didn't budge "why do you insist I have to go when I can deal with it on my own" he whined and I glared at him "cute" he smirked

I sighed and tugged on his arm "you definitely won't get that kiss better if you don't get up and get it sorted" he got up faster then I expected as I stumbled back a little with him holding onto me making sure I didn't fall before now leading the way to the room my hand practically glued to his with the grip he had on it, a grin on his face and a determined look as we stepped into the doctors office, and I didn't miss the look the Doctor gave him when we walked in.

her eye's where obviously to busy staring at him to notice he was holding my hand, a smile on her lips as the door shut behind us "what can I do for you" she said gently and Shuanghui looked at me before turning to her with a grin as I frowned "my husband here thinks I need to get this checked by a doctor" he let go of my hand to remove his shirt uncovering the shot wound to his shoulder which looked worse then i thought it did and it kind of made me feel nauseous seeing that much blood ignoring the slight shocked look the doctor gave before clearly going into doctor mode, she slipped on a pair of gloves pushing against the wound causing Shuanghui to flinch slightly from the pain as some blood oozed from the wound "the bullets still in there I will need to remove it and stitch it up, shouldn't take to long"

I had to wait outside while they did the small operation, when my phone rang I pulled it out to answer "he didi, how's things going?"

"I'm fine, how is he, he got shot to save me" it seemed pretty quite on his end maybe he's home "Still at the hospital?"

I nodded before responding "yeah, they are taking the bullet out so I'm in the waiting room, are you okai?" I questioned

"Yeah I'm ok, just felt a little travel sick that's  all, you get home safe talk to you later" we said our good byes and hung up, a little while later Shuanghui was being let out of the doctors office "can I go home now?" he asked stepping up to me with a smile, I looked up at him taking the few steps to reach him and kissing him, it took him a moment to respond before his arm was tightly wrapped around me and pulled me in to deepen the kiss, it was a cough from a nurse that got us to separate, I blushed following him out as he takes a hold of my hand and leads me to his bike taking us to his family home "what was the kiss for?".

I didn't answer till the car stopped and he helped me off the bike "the kiss better that I promised you" he smiled wider taking my hand again as we walk inside his mother was stood  with a worried look on her face as she was pacing the floor "oh my Shuanghui, Xiao Kong, your safe thank goodness" she had ran over and quickly pulled us both into a hug

"Yeah we are okay mum, no ones going to bother us again, now lets go get some rest" she nodded before giving us both a glance over just to make sure we are fine before leading the way up the stairs, once Shuanghui took me to his bedroom I smiled and went and picked Xing up and cuddles him "I thought you would be happy to see her" I looked over at him with a smile sitting down as I stroke my dog

"can I ask you something?" I looked up at him, he had a look I didn't recognise on him and so I nodded "you may ask" he seemed to hesitate, looking down at my hand before looking back up at me "I just been wondering something, you got pulled into this marriage to but I never knew if you actually liked me, or well any males really" I guess I looked a bit shocked because now he looked unsure on asking the question, I shrugged and looked down at Xing " never really been interested in anyone, I guess I found girls cute but I never felt attraction towards anyone, well least not until I met you"

he let out a chuckle so I looked up and he shook his head "sorry" I gave him a curious look "when I spoke to Kuanwo about this, he laughed and said you might just be gay for me" I blushed and shook my head putting Xing on the bed next to me I held my hand out to him, he hesitated but reached over to me "I just might be" I said getting up and taking the ring from his middle finger "after all, you are the first man I have ever liked, and the one I married" sliding the wedding band onto his ring finger "I don't hate you, but I might like you, a lot" I smiled up at him and he was smiling wide at my before pulling me against him and hugging me tightly "ok, still got to breath"