Chapter 40

Shuanghui pov

When I returned home Kaunwo was pacing the floor of my bedroom I haven't seen him so nervous in years "Kaunwo" I spoke haulting his pacing as he looks towards me "what's going on"

"Your father is an idiot Shuanghui, these people" he paused to run his hands through his hair "these people are from the rival mafia who killed my parents, least that's what I can tell from what I've found out"

"Then, you could be in danger if you get involved with the dept my father needs to pay off" I frowned "I can't let that happen to you they could kill you to, they have been ghosted for years and now they show up like this, it could be a trap"

"So what if it's a trap" my eyes widened as he shouted that "I can't leave this, they already killed my parents and baby sister,  they could kill you to and I refuse to let that happen, I have to protect the family I have left and that family is you"

I sighed and nodded resting my hand on his shoulder "fine, we'll sort this together I'm with you every step of the way gege, we have to protect our family, leaving it alone could put us all in danger just as much as fighting, I don't think any of us should be alone either, specially the people we know"

He nodded "we have a safe house up north, it's a little far but would be able to house your family and Mengrui's, and the brat Mengrui is friends with, though I don't exactly agree explaining the situation to them, I'd rather them be safe then sorry, or in danger because of me"

I shook my head at him "this isn't your fault, go explain to my mother, I'll go back to Mengrui and explain to him and Xiao Dong" he nodded and we left the room he still looked nervous "it'll be ok Kaunwo"

I frowned as I got to Mengrui's house, the door was slightly open a jar and I could hear Xing barking, I hopped up the steps and into the house to see Xing tied up to the the staircase "Mengrui?" I called out to the empty house calming Xing as I untied her from the post "where's daddy Xing" she rushed to the door the moment she was free barking and looking around confused growling whenever she sniffed the floor "I take it I'm to late" pulling my phone from my pocket as I take ahold on Xing's leash I call Kaunwo "to late"

There was silence "I'm sorry didi, I made you send him home and now they took him"

"Took who" I heard my mum in the background "they took Mengrui" Tang replied, the phone clicked to speaker upon Ma's request "we'll get him back my boy"

"No, I will, Tang you still have contact with our old squadrons" I asked putting Xing in the helmet holder of the bike as I spoke, I glanced back at the door walking over and grabbing the note I saw pinned to it

"What are you thinking Shuanghui" he questioned shortly after being in thought

"You already know, find Mengrui's parents and take them to my family home, Kaunwo" I paused for a moment "Xiao Dong was here when I dropped Mengrui off"

"I'll find Mengrui's parents" the phone cut out, and I sighed driving back to the house with a whining dog on my bike and letter clenched tightly in my hand

I pulled up to the house taking Xing inside with me, my mum gave me a confused look as I put the dog into my room before making my way back down the stairs to explain things to my mother, pulling out my phone as it buzzed, my mum gave me a concerned look "what's going on Shuanghui"

Found them, I'll bring them to yours -Tang I read the messaged and let out a sigh "they took Mengrui" I frowned at my simply words my mothers eyes blew wide "the people that asshole gambled with took my husband because that asshole got a family involved that he never should have" I said practically shouting as I pointed to my old man "you just couldn't help youself could you and now Mengrui is in danger" Snarling I stepped up to him "he better not get hurt" my mother had soon stood between us trying to calm me down

"Li!" tang shouted from the door I stood up straight my head shooting over to him as he pinned me on the spot with his eyes "calm down" walking over to me "as much as I want to beat him up for this I have to very confused parents outside that I don't think need this trouble or should know unless your husband want them to" taking a breath I took a step back with furrowed brows "take a breath we'll solve this"

Flashing the old man a dangerous glare I pulled out the letter I had gotten from before I left running my fingers through my hair as I glanced over every single word

To who finds this

The Li family owes Us money and a company, one of which we have come to be aware he has no longer the ability to hand over to us, so since we can't get a hold of the company and our money is long over due we decided to take something of bigger value, we want double the amount owed or your little beauty will either pay the price dead or alive

you have till midnight tomorrow, best of look, Xia clan 

Before anyone had the chance to respond I quickly threw a punch to my fathers face before screwing up the piece of paper and throwing it at him "anything, and I mean anything, so much as a scratch on him and you are going to wish you never sent me to camp" I screamed at my Fathers face as Tang pulled me away