Chapter 21: Gone

The home was far away from where they were now; about two hours. "I said once we leave, we ain't coming back, and we aren't." Daryl sternly said. "We can go back. You could build up walls. We could be safe... Just the two of us." She whispered the last part. "Do you not like the group?" Daryl asked suddenly getting concerned. "I like the group, but we're better off on our own." He nodded and stood up. "I'll think about it." Maria smiled, happy that he would take leaving into consideration.

Going back to the others Rick stood outside with a very agitated look on his face. "What's wrong with ya'?" Daryl asked Rick. "Henry. He's dead." Maria stepped closer. "What are ya' talkin' 'bout? He was alive hours ago." Maria secretly wanted to be the one to kill him, but whoever killed him she was happy about it. "Shane... He went in to watch. Said Henry started talkin' about Carl and Lori... And you." Rick said to Maria, "So Shane killed him, stabbed him several times in the gut." Rick held his head down, ashamed that his best friend was a murderer and that he had left Shane to do it without consequence. "He's better off dead anyways," Daryl mumbled.

They had a bigger dinner that night thanks to Daryl getting that deer. Daryl licked his fingers and moaned in delight. "Best meal I've had in a while, besides ya'." He whispered close to her ear. "Not in public please." Maria laughed, kissing his nose. Despite Henry being killed and Carl being shot, the group had a good night, and Daryl and Maria had an even better one.

"Oh...Daryl!" Maria had to fight back the moans. It's been a while since they could lay back and enjoy each other. "Shh, sweetheart. Gotta be quiet." He said in a raspy voice that only made her want to moan louder. Biting on her lip, she could taste the metal liquid. "I...can't." She shouted with a breathy moan and arched her back on the tent floor. Daryl usually didn't have sex with the others in such proximity, but Sophia was missing and Carl was still cooped up inside, so he thought, 'what the hell'. Daryl forced his mouth down onto Maria's, swallowing up her moans while keeping the constant rhythm of pleasure shooting through her.

After coming down from their high, they lay next to each other. "Shane did somethin' I've wanted to do for years," Maria spoke up. Daryl knew that Maria hated him, but not to the point where she would murder him. "Is that really how ya' felt 'bout 'im?" Maria nodded. And fell asleep in Daryl's arms.