Chapter 6: A Night Out

When Maria woke up, she was alone. Did she make Daryl mad? She got out of bed with a blanket wrapped around her. When she walked out into the kitchen, Daryl was there along with Merle. "What is he doing here?" Maria asked. Daryl grabbed her arm and pulled her back into the bedroom. "He's gonna stay for a while. I don't care what ya' say, so get over it," he growled walking away from Maria. Throughout the day Merle and Daryl bonded. To Maria, it seemed as if he had completely erased the memory of him kissing her from his brain.

Weeks passed and Maria and Daryl only grew further apart, while Merle and Daryl bonded. Maria and Daryl barely said anything to each other, but Maria caught him staring at her sometimes when she made dinner. Tomorrow was her birthday and her grandmother wanted to come visit her, which Maria happily agreed to. She folded the Dixon brothers' clothing and placed them in the dressers.

It was almost dark when the two brothers walked inside laughing. Maria was happy for Daryl, yet sorry. She knew that Merle was his reason for not talking to her. The two grabbed their jackets. "Where are you going?" Maria asked. "Out," Daryl said slamming the door shut.

Maria sat on the couch waiting for the two brothers to return. She internally smiled as the truck roared in the driveway. Merle walked in with a girl attached to his side, it wasn't unusual. She was wearing a skimpy dress with high heels. Her hair was a platinum blonde and she looked like she had breast implants. Maria looked at the two with disgust as they made themselves cozy on the other couch. In stumbled the other Dixon with a bottle of liquor in his hand. He caught himself on the table. Maria sighed at his state, knowing Merle made him this way. But nothing could have hurt her more than what she was next. A girl walked into view. She had Daryl's jacket on and her brown hair hung around her face. The girl giggled as she wrapped her arms around Daryl's waist. "Your sister is pretty." The girl stated. "I'm gonna take this one out for a while," Merle said, gesturing to the girl he brought home. Maria went to her room and grabbed her coat and boots. She walked back out into the living room where Daryl was pouring drinks for the girl. "Your brother is hot," the girl said again. This only made Maria angrier. "He's not my brother," Maria said firmly. She sent Daryl a glare. "I'll be back," the girl said heading to the bathroom. "I can't believe you!" Maria yelled in a whisper. Daryl scoffed. "I thought you cared about me?" Maria asked. "Cared? Ya' really think I give a damn about you? I don't, so sorry princess." Daryl said. Maria walked out the front door with tears streaming down her face. Her heart fell into a darkness that not even God could lighten. 'What a great way to spend my birthday.'