Chapter 9: Honeymoon

2 years later

Merle got out of jail yesterday and Maria was excited. "Are ya' excited?" Merle asked Maria. She nodded. Today was her wedding day and she was marrying Daryl. "My baby brothers gettin' hitched." He said. This wasn't your average wedding. Daryl, nor Merle, wore a tux, but Maria did get a white dress. Hazel, Maria's grandmother, walked into the room. "Oh! You look beautiful." She squealed. Maria looked at the clock and it was time. "I'm ready," she said nervously. Merle grabbed her arm and led them outside. They were getting married in their backyard. Not many people were invited to this wedding. Hazel, Daryl's dad, some of Merle's friends, Maria's aunt and that was it. Maria saw Daryl standing across the yard. He had a blue flannel shirt on. He looked nervous, but so did she. When they reached the preacher, Daryl grabbed her hand. They said their 'I dos' and we're now wedded forever. "Till death do us part?" Daryl asked. "Till death do us part." She smiled and they shared a memorable kiss.

Maria rolled over and stretched. Her face met his bare chest. She looked over to see Daryl staring at her with his blue eyes and smirking. "Good morning Mrs. Dixon." Maria giggled as he whispered in her ear. Maria gave everything to him last night. The last of her innocence now belonged to Daryl Dixon. "Good morning." Maria wrapped her arms around Daryl. His scruffy goatee tickled her neck as he planted soft butterfly kisses. "Ya' feelin' okay?" He asked her. Maria smiled and nodded; she could not have felt better. "My grandma told me to call her after this happened." Maria laughed. "Did she now?" Daryl asked, pulling Maria on top of him. The white sheet was wrapped around her body and her curly blonde hair was framed around her face. "Yea." Maria laughed. "Well... She's just gonna have to wait." Daryl smirked pinning Maria down onto the bed and kissing her neck. Maria maneuvered her legs, pulling him closer. Daryl placed rough kisses from her jawline to her collarbone, causing Maria to squeal. "Ya' ever gonna stop that? Figured after last night you wouldn't be speakin'," he said into her neck. Maria giggled once again and kissed his shoulder. Daryl rested his head on her stomach which was covered by a sheet. Maria ran her fingers through his hair. Daryl's arms rested at her hips. Maria looked around the room that her grandmother was fortunate enough to pay for. If she hadn't then Maria and Daryl would not have had a wedding, let alone a honeymoon. "It's nice isn't it?" Maria asked, "The room." Daryl kissed her stomach. "Damn right, it is." Maria took a deep breath and smiled at the man below her. Her husband. A man she was forced to do a project with was now her husband. And she loved it. Daryl got up from the bed and put his boxers and jeans back on, then headed for the kitchen. Maria wrapped the sheet around herself and followed him. "Do you want breakfast?" Maria asked. Daryl smirked and pulled her close to him. His hands on her sides, "I don't want ya' doin' anything today. I'll take care of ya'." Maria nodded and sat down at the table. "I want food." She said, pulling the sheet closer to her full chest. Daryl walked over to Maria and caressed her face. Nothing could ruin this moment. He took his hand and ran it up her leg, slipping inside the sheet. Maria playfully stopped him and giggled. "Now stop. Ya' know ya' want it." Daryl said kissing her neck. "I want food before we do this again." She said. Daryl stopped kissing her neck and went to the fridge. "What do ya' want?" He asked. "Pancakes and eggs. Oh! And bacon with toast." She said. Daryl raised his eyes at the woman, surprised by her extreme appetite. "I'm gonna go get a bath," Maria said jumping off the stool. Daryl just nodded and got back to cooking.

Maria lay back in the bathtub. It was huge; enough to fit at least three people in. The water was beginning to cool down and when it did Maria emptied the bath a little and filled it back up with scolding hot water. The bubbles covered her body, and then the door opened and Daryl walked in, shirtless. Great. He looked her up in down and smirked. "Foods almost done." Maria nodded. Daryl left the bathroom and Maria got dressed in a large sweater and shorts. She walked out into the kitchen and was surprised at the wonderfully, delicious food that awaited her. She took a seat and began eating while Daryl pulled a shirt on. "I liked it better when your shirt was off," Maria joked. Daryl smirked and took a seat next to her. Maria glanced out the large window and embraced the scenery. The woods was a perfect place for the two. Daryl loved the woods and Maria grew to love it as well. "Can we go huntin'?" Maria asked, taking a bite of her pancakes. Daryl rubbed a hand up and down her back, "Whatever ya' want doll face." Maria loved it when he called her things like a doll face. It made her feel loved and important, but she already knew she played a huge role in his life. After eating her breakfast the two ventured off into the woods. That was after Maria changed into sweatpants and a T-shirt. Daryl had his crossbow strapped across his back with his right hand holding it and his other hand holding Maria's hand. Maria glanced at the crossbow. Daryl promised Maria a few years ago to teach her, but he never did. She didn't mind though. It wasn't like she would ever need to use it. Daryl stopped dead in his tracks, causing Maria to bump into his shoulder. He slowly turned and put a finger to his lips and then pointed to the deer in the distance.

Maria and Daryl trotted through the woods looking for the deer that Daryl had shot. The blood trail was coming to an end as Maria stopped the deer up ahead; as did Daryl. Daryl picked the deer up and threw it over his shoulders like always. They finally made it back to the cabin where Daryl skinned and gutted the deer while Maria went inside and changed. Her mind was wandering. How long would they stay here? A week? Two? She was pulled out of her thoughts when the shower started running. Maria got up and headed towards the bathroom. The door was slightly cracked. She pushed it open and stepped in, shedding her clothes off as well. She quietly slipped into the shower, wrapping her arms around Daryl. He jumped a bit and tensed but relaxed when he noticed it was her. He turned to face her and rested his head against hers. "Ya' come back for round two?" He asked seductively. Maria nodded and pressed her lips to his. She could defiantly get used to this for the rest of her life.