Chapter 9

Saturday arrived. Nicole woke up and got out of bed. She heard Blake awake on the baby monitor and walked into the nursery.

"Morning Blake." Nicole said as she lifted him out of the crib. They walked downstairs and went into the kitchen.

"Grandpa!" Blake exclaimed, running over to Charlie.

"Hi buddy." Charlie said.

Nicole noticed Charlie's bag packed. "You going fishing with Harry?" She asked as she set Blake in a chair and handed him a muffin.

"Yeah." Charlie said.

"Well, I'm spending the afternoon with Carlisle." Nicole said. "I guess I could see if Bella would be ok watching Blake for a little bit."

"I can take Blake with me." Charlie offered.

"Dad, no." Nicole said. "I couldn't do that to you."

"I don't mind." Charlie said. "I actually have been meaning to ask you if it's ok if I take Blake on a fishing trip."

"What about Harry?" Nicole asked. "Never minded whenever I brought you along."

"Ok. I don't have a problem with it." Nicole said. "I'm sure Blake will have fun." Charlie nodded. "I just need to get him ready." Nicole added.

"Let me help." Charlie said. "What can I help with?"

"You could get him dressed for me while I make something to eat for him." Nicole said.

"Alright." Charlie said.

"Make sure you dress him warm." Nicole said. "If you're going to be on the water, it's bound to be chilly."

"Will do." Charlie said as he brought Blake upstairs.

A few minutes later, Blake and Charlie were ready to go. "Bye bud." Nicole said to Blake. "Have fun with Grandpa."

"Bye." Blake said.

"Here are the keys to my car." Nicole said.

"Aren't you going to need it?" Charlie asked.

"Carlisle's going to pick me up." Nicole said. "Plus, you'll need my car for Blake's car seat."

Charlie nodded. "Well, have fun on your date." He said. "And let Bella know where I am when she wakes up."

"I will for both." Nicole said.

Charlie walked out of the house with Blake. Nicole started to make breakfast and coffee.

Bella came downstairs. "Morning." She said.

"Morning Bella." Nicole said. "Breakfast is ready." Nicole set the food on the table and the two girls started eating.

"Where's Dad?" Bella asked.

"Went fishing with Harry Clearwater." Nicole replied.

"And Blake?" Bella asked.

"Dad took him with him." Nicole answered.

"He took Blake fishing?" Bella asked.

"I wasn't much older than Blake when Dad started taking me fishing with him." Nicole said.

"I was going to go grocery shopping and do some stuff around the house." Bella said. "Do you want to come with and help?"

"Uh. I wish I could but I'm spending the afternoon with Carlisle." Nicole said.

"Oh ok." Bella said.

"I can cancel and help you with the housework." Nicole said.

"No." Bella said. "I don't want you to cancel your date. I'll be fine."